KWC 1.3: seating

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Dot Matrix

KWC 1.3: seating

Post by Dot Matrix »

Min has been working on the seating in the prototype Welcome Center, adding menu-driven options and sorting out problems. It's time now to test things, for which we need volunteers.

Here's the world page for the test world: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Dot ... WC-stage-1

Any problems, please note them below.
Constance Peregrine

Re: KWC 1.3: seating

Post by Constance Peregrine »

ok, I made a quick trip in and tried some out...

The menu works nicely, tho, possibly due to my waking to early and being my normal tired, it did seem the first time I used the menu I could not clearly see how to get to the option sits. It showed them clearly in the rest of the chairs I tried.

As someone else mentioned, and it seems good here, the priority of the anims is important to enable choices.

I was able to use most of my own sit anims after sitting and using the built in chair menu ...the only ones I could not use obviously had less a priority or they put me off -kilter in the chair [neither of which is a big deal, I have several to choose from, just mentioning].

So, in this current setting, I have the option I want and for those simply using the builtin sits, they have more also = a nice and more immersive kinda thing = I like it :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
Dot MatrixMin Tigerpaw
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Thanks for taking the time to test this out, Minethere.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

The sit ( & lay options) I used are all freebie poses taken from LK objects i used only scarcely other poses I found or one or two I made myself. Of cause the freebie priorities I cannot influence and must take them as they have been uploaded.
Any other nice free poses & animations that may be available I'm happy to include into menu-based seating / laying for future joint projects like KWC2.
What would be the best priority level for animations in menu based posing? A common guideline / reco for Kitely would be helpful for creators of new poses & animations. It depends on if we preferably want the menu poses to overrule AO-poses or vice versa.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

It depends on several factors, Min.

I don't want them priority 4 for sure as want to be able to use my own, so I guess pri 1 or 2, maybe? I dunno.

I never asked Linda what she typically uploaded them as...perhaps Ilan knows?

You can also pull some sits from her sweetness AO.

It also depends on if they use the viewer AO or wear them, in some regards.

I always got custom ones in a grid uploaded in pri 4 and always upload them that way myself, and looped too....but I don't do what you are doing either.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

I found the buffet area with the menu-driven seats. When I sat down it said I was using the "fm_crosslegs" pose. It said to left click on myself to get the menu.
But when I left-clicked on myself all it did was rotate the camera view a tick in a clockwise direction. Clicking around I eventually did get a menu, but when I
selected an option nothing happened.

AFAIK I'm not running any special AOs or gestures. I know for sure that I've never deliberately installed any such things on Kitely. OTOH, I'm extremely inexperienced
with this sort of thing in VWs, so I could be the last person you'd want testing this stuff. ;)
These users thanked the author Deuce Halsey for the post (total 2):
Dot MatrixConstance Peregrine
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Thanks, Deuce. On the contrary, you're just the sort of person needed!
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineDeuce Halsey
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Please excuse the double post.

Paislee and I are checking the seating in the buffet area.

The menu-driven seats are working well, though I too experienced the occasional misclick that Deuce described (it might just be the way I was clicking). Thank you for setting these up! :D

Could the standing pose balls by the food be changed to "Click to: Sit on object", please? (This applies more generally.)

Would it be possible to integrate the poseballs on the central area into the seats, as for the other tables? Again please change them to "Click to: Sit on object".

When avatars stand up from the menu-driven seats, they are flung off rather violently. It can be very off-putting. Could this be changed to a normal standing up?

Could all the seats be changed to phantom? As non-phantom, they can trap avatars in the (phantom) tables.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Moving on to the floor cushion area...

The menu-driven seating on the left side of the second set of cushions from the left is spot on -- the positions of the poses are far better than the original LK ones -- well done, and thanks, Min! :)

Paislee and I suggest that each set of cushions should have just one menu-driven seating, and one static seating. Otherwise, if both poses can change, avatars can be kicking each other unintentionally. Again, please try not to fling avatars violently off when they stand up.

Could all the sets of cushions be set up like this please? At the moment, only one set has the menu.

Paislee is particularly anxious that this seating area works well -- it is the one that is most in keeping with the Welcome Center style.
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Dot Matrix wrote: When avatars stand up from the menu-driven seats, they are flung off rather violently. It can be very off-putting. Could this be changed to a normal standing up?
That happened to me once, too. I got thrown down the hill towards the center of the sim. Thought it was just me, but apparently not.
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782