KWC Stage 1.3

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Dot Matrix

KWC Stage 1.3

Post by Dot Matrix »

The thread Resident RoundUp highlighted the need to improve the areas for informal gatherings.

Let's discuss how this might be achieved, and by whom (hint -- offers of help welcome!).

Here's the list of the different areas in the KWC, with the numbers of people they currently accommodate:
  • Campfire with log seating (north-east corner) -- 4 people
  • Park benches along curving pathway and around fountain -- each seats three people; a few of the benches around the fountain are close enough to hold conversations among a larger group, but this area wasn't designed for meetings
  • Mentors meeting area -- 24 people
  • Area with comfy chairs and ottomans -- 11 people
  • Area with four sets of floor cushions -- each set seats 2 or 3
  • Coffee area -- originally designed to have small group conversations round each table (3 people); will need redesigning if turned into a general informal meeting area
  • Picnic blanket -- 2 people
Other elements of the KWC that might need updating are the displayboards in the Hall of Merchants and the World Showcase (I suspect one or two of the worlds have gone offline, for example).

Here's the link to the working copy of the KWC: KWC Stage 1
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerConstance Peregrine
Dundridge Dreadlow

Re: KWC Stage 1.3

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

I might be able to extend the scripts at some point to check for offline worlds or merchants if there isn't too much javascript - probably won't be quick though.
Please let Dot or me know if any of the worlds/merchants display boards are out of date.
These users thanked the author Dundridge Dreadlow for the post:
Ilan Tochner
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.