AviWorlds on Kitely? HG Business

Tell us about external references to Kitely
Deuce Halsey

Re: AviWorlds on Kitely? HG Business

Post by Deuce Halsey »

I've only been involved with OpenSim worlds for about nine months now. During that time I have read in stunned amazement the news bulletins as AviWorlds yo-yoed open and closed again and again. I've never visited any of the versions of AviWorlds that have existed during this time, but I figured that Alex must be doing something right. If he wasn't his content providers wouldn't be willing to install their content on each new version of the grid.

Moving to Kitely can only be a positive result for these loyal members of the AviWorlds community. At least they will be able to keep the Kitely version of their installs up and online as long as they want, no matter what drama might occur at the community management level. It also seems like there should be much less community drama than there has been in the past, since Kitely management takes care of most of the technical issues that have caused problems for AviWorlds in the past.

A stable environment for the AviWorlds community and an enrichment of the overall Kitely community - this looks like a Win/Win proposition to me. :D
These users thanked the author Deuce Halsey for the post (total 3):
Marstol NitelyConstance PeregrineFreda Frostbite
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

I had a shop/office in one of his iterations.

My good friend Savino had told me of it, and at that time I was in "make accounts in any grid" mode, so I did.

I really had no idea who Alex was at all, but the setup was easy so I did it. When I could no longer log in, then read of it closing, for me, personally, it did not matter...just one less place to go update in.

In any case, I do wish him well, as I always have done.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

btw, in the theme of the thread...Zaphod just posted an article where Ub Yiffu is mentioned;

http://the-hyperzette.blogspot.com/2014 ... sarts.html
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Marstol Nitely
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Alex Ferraris 2
Has thanked: 0

Post by Alex Ferraris 2 »

Hello everyone.
Yes Gullivers Travels is a work of art. I did purchase it from Ub when I first started AviWorlds out.
Well I m in here to say thank you all for your support and to let u all know Im still thinking about this move. You all know I do have a huge following and I need to consider somethings before I make a move due to kitely's TOS ...
I m now 80% leaning towards just creating a memory place of what AVW was...
But I m grateful to see here how much aviworlds is known. This is already a big win for me. :)
These users thanked the author Alex Ferraris 2 for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelyConstance Peregrine
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Alex,

What part of Kitely's TOS is holding you back?
Alex Ferraris 2
Has thanked: 0

Post by Alex Ferraris 2 »

Hey Illan
Well my following is a little rogue and used to a 100% free and no restrictions except for selling copies or freebies. When I tried to hypergrid jump i had to go naked, no hair, no nothing because of the permissions and all I had on was the original avatar I got from kitely when I was born.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Alex,

There are two times of export controls:

1) Items originating from Kitely Market have to be sold with the Export perm for them to be exportable (this is not the Export perm you see in the viewer): http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... plemented/

2) Items not originating from Kitely Market need to have Copy+Transfer for them to be exportable and not include any non-exportable components that originated from Kitely Market: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... rmissions/

Kitely stops you from hypergrid teleporting while wearing non-exportable items and notifies you what those items are. If the teleports completes you should arrive with everything you're wearing.

It's quite easy getting exportable content, especially if you've uploaded it into Kitely via OAR file or brought it over via the Hypergrid. If you import your regions into Kitely then your users will therefore be able to export anything you allow them to using one of the two aforementioned means, and they'll have access to exportable content recieved from other locations in or out of Kitely (and Kitely Market).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansFreda Frostbite
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

Hey Alex

I think you do make a good point, if the default Kitely avatars are not HG ready then they should be updated. I am not sure if that is the actual case or not.

That said, if you are bringing a community of people with you I am sure they already have avatars they can like and use that they can import. If you are the creator of an item or OAR, you are in total control over if the item is exportable or not.

So, if you already have OARs, you can upload and download those easily. If your user base import their own avis, or purchase exportable things from the Kitely MP, they will be able to hypergrid with them, load them into OARs or whatever they want to do. Nothing in the Kitely TOS precludes you from doing that.

Hope that helps!
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post:
Selby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ozwell,

The default avatars we give new users are all exportable.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Ozwell WayfarerFreda Frostbite
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

The free avatars on the Kitely Welcome Center are HG-safe as well.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Ozwell WayfarerFreda Frostbite