Marketplace Error Scripts

Creating scripts
Amiryu Hosoi

Re: Marketplace Error Scripts

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Oren Hurvitz wrote:Prims have a Particle System field, which contains the definition of their active particle system, including the UUID of the particles texture. It seems that your prims have an old UUID that was set somewhere else (e.g., in Sim-on-a-Stick), and that UUID doesn't correspond to a texture that exists in Kitely.

You should run a one-time script to clear the particle system from these objects, and then add them to the market. The existing particle system value isn't important because when the script "Image emitter always facing" runs it will replace the particle system anyway.

Here's a script that will clear a prim's particle system:

Code: Select all

default {
    state_entry() {
        llLinkParticleSystem(LINK_SET, []);
        llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());
    }
}
(From: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Remove_ ... eSystem.29)

Hey Oren, do you mean there is still a reference in memory because i didnt refer to a uuid and called the texture by name.

Ami
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

Particles are attached to the prim, like sounds, textures, floaty text - need to scrub anything attached that might be causing errors.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Amiryu Hosoi

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Hey Oren,

thank you for explaining, I did drop a script in the linkset to clear old particles but now the prims dont show particles at all?

Ami
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Oren Hurvitz wrote:Yes, it's fine, and recommended. The problem with this item wasn't in the script: it was only because the object contained a reference to a nonexistent texture.
Hi Oren, as Amiryu indicated, now that she cleared the particle system properties from the object, then added her original script and texture back into the object, the script now fails to work altogether.

I tried her script on my world, but with a different texture, and it failed to work.

I went offline, and started up my sim-on-a-stick, created a prim, dropped her script into it, and added the palm1 texture from the opensim library, and changed the texture name in the script, and it worked perfectly.

then, i logged back into kitely, onto my world, created a new prim, dropped the same script in it, added the same palm1 texture from the opensim library (here in kitely), changed the texture name in the script, and it doesn't work at all.

The odd thing is, Amiryu said that her originally imported item (before uploading to kitely market) also worked properly earlier today, but none work now.

Any advice?
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

If dropping the script into an object fails, try recompiling it :)

if it's misbehaving after being added to the market, etc, assuming the particle script works, you may need to add something along the lines of

on_rez(integer param)
{
llResetScript();
}

to get the particles back.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Amiryu Hosoi

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Hey Dundridge, done that, recompiled in Mono... recompiled LSL... nothing...

This is a weird situation because it worked before and only Kitely Market didnt let me publish.

Ami
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Dundridge Dreadlow wrote:If dropping the script into an object fails, try recompiling it :)

if it's misbehaving after being added to the market, etc, assuming the particle script works, you may need to add something along the lines of

on_rez(integer param)
{
llResetScript();
}

to get the particles back.
It's not even working when created from scratch, at all, not even after recompiling, creating the script from scratch, nada. It works perfectly in the offline sim-on-a-stick.
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

I love the smell of misbehaving scripts in the morning :) (And it is morning here right now...)

Add the following parameter to the emitter script to make it work:

Code: Select all

PSYS_SRC_BURST_PART_COUNT, 1,
The reason the script doesn't work on Kitely without this change is that the default burst count, when none is specified, is 0. The reason it does work on sim-on-a-stick is that in newer versions of OpenSim the default count is 1. This will change once we update to OpenSim 0.7.6 (soon), but I think it's best to fix the script anyway to make it clear that there's just one buffalo (or whatever). Moo!
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineSherrie Melody
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

I want to mention again that it's perfectly valid to refer to assets from scripts by referring to inventory items. And that's better than hard-coding UUID's, because UUID's will not work if the item is Exported to another grid, but references to inventory items will continue to work.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post:
Sherrie Melody
Amiryu Hosoi

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Oren, thank you so much! That did the trick;-)

Now I can publish my lovely always facing Buffaloes and Monkeys.

Ami