Universal Campus & Collaboration Environment

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Ken Coach

Universal Campus & Collaboration Environment

Post by Ken Coach »

Hello: How customizable are these 2 environments and I can, and have, visited the Universal Campus; but, is there an example of the Collaboration Environment?

I'd like to see them both before I decide which to choose. Although, I guess I could choose one of each within the Premium Account.

I have visited the Universal Campus as stated; but how much of that sim can be changed. For example changing the map and the place names and the uses of the rooms, etc...how much of that can be done.

Also, could I create another world immediately next to lets say a universal campus and connect the two?
Please advise,
Cheers!
Ken
Selby Evans

Re: Universal Campus & Collaboration Environment

Post by Selby Evans »

Ken Coach wrote:Hello: How customizable are these 2 environments and I can, and have, visited the Universal Campus; but, is there an example of the Collaboration Environment?

I'd like to see them both before I decide which to choose. Although, I guess I could choose one of each within the Premium Account.

I have visited the Universal Campus as stated; but how much of that sim can be changed. For example changing the map and the place names and the uses of the rooms, etc...how much of that can be done.

Also, could I create another world immediately next to lets say a universal campus and connect the two?
Please advise,
Cheers!
Ken
Collaboration Environment I checked Kitely explore worlds and found no such name. Can you link us to where you found the name?

I have not actually gotten a copy of the Universal Campus, but I understand that if you get a copy, you would be the owner and could do what you please. A copy is free, so you could try it out and discard it without loss if it did not suit you.

You will not be able to connect 2 worlds side by side, but you may be able to put 2 builds together on a 2x2 region. That would depend on the shape and the number of prims. I would say, however, that the details of doing that would be devilish. You could easily connect 2 worlds via a walkin TP. These seem to work pretty well on Kitely.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Ken Coach
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ken,

The Virtual Collaboration Environment and the Universal Campus are our two world template options. Once you use them to create your world you can change them as you can any other Kitely world you create. This means you become the owner of all the objects inside the world and can change them, move them, delete them or add other objects to them. The world template simply teraforms the terrain and adds a preexisting set of objects in predefined locations.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Ken Coach
Ken Coach

Post by Ken Coach »

Many thanks Ilan and Selby! Ilan, I was thinking that was the case, that they are "templates" and that as owner one should be able to change and modify, etc., so good to hear that that is the case. Selby, If you read this you can see that the "Virtual Collaboration Environment " is one of the two templates used to create a world. I am leaning strongly in the direction of the "Universal Campus" as it meets my preconceived idea of a "college" like sim that introduces, explains and interprets the results of the Myers Briggs Personality Indicator, and since I am an embarrassingly poor builder, the Universal Campus template seems a good one for me to begin with.

Again, thanks to both of you. I'm really looking forward to my Kitely journey.
Cheers! :D
Ken
These users thanked the author Ken Coach for the post:
Serene Jewell
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I'm happy to hear that Ken. :-)

Please let us know if there is anything else you need.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Serene Jewell
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Welcome aboard, Ken. You may be interested in this article, which gives links to a number of education communities in virtual worlds.

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/ ... ities.html
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 2):
Lilly BielerSerene Jewell