World or Viewer?

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Ilan Tochner

Re: World or Viewer?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

The traceroute you sent me indicates that your computer's attempts to contact our servers fail several hopes before they actually reach them so the problem isn't with our service it's somewhere on the network between your computer and our servers. One possible explanation for why you're experiencing problems while other people are not is that some of your networking attempts are routed via that problematic switch while other people's requests are using other routes to reach our servers.
Ghaelen DLareh

Post by Ghaelen DLareh »

I'm not sure what "that problematic switch" refers to - do you mean the location where the traceroute timed out? If so, is there something I can do to route my requests through a different 'switch'?
A Curative Poison (a metaverse story)

De Landria Rising Market

The De Landria Project
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You don't really have any direct affect on this. Its a function of your location in the world and the routers that exist between your computer and our servers when it tries to connect using your existing ISP. If you can move your location to another network (e.g. go to StarBacks or other places where you can get wifi access) you'll be able to check whether trying to access our servers from another network gives you better performance.

We can try seeing if the place where the connection fails is operated by someone we can contact to investigate why it's failing but other than that there isn't much we can do about it.
Ghaelen DLareh

Post by Ghaelen DLareh »

Oh.... Well if that's the problem no wonder it has been such a mystery. It would also explain the issues with both the viewer and the website.

I will be travelling in a couple of weeks. I will try it on the laptop from there. (The lappy has the same issues as the desktop)

Thanks for trying and here's hoping they see the problem, you can make contact with them, or that my requests get routed a different way at some point soon.

/fingerscrossed

De Landria Rising Market

The De Landria Project
Ghaelen DLareh

Post by Ghaelen DLareh »

As of this week, I have had no trouble logging on, getting in, starting worlds by tp'ing through the viewer, or accessing the website and forum. I am back in and writing, building, and whatnots.

Huzzah! Whatever you did, Ilan, it seems to have worked. (If you didn't do anything for one of these areas, take credit for it anyway....)

I waited until now to post, just in case it was a temporary success. But it has been stable for about a week. :)
These users thanked the author Ghaelen DLareh for the post (total 4):
Carlos LoffIlan TochnerConstance PeregrineFreda Frostbite

De Landria Rising Market

The De Landria Project