OAR for every single region in a world of 4 ??

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Ilan Tochner

Re: OAR for every single region in a world of 4 ??

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Serenity, I'm happy to hear you weren't offended by my comment.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Serenity,

My most heartfelt condolences go out to you and yours in this time of loss.

I know it well, someone who lived on my land at one time, committed suicide, and I was the one who found him. It was horrible and left a sad memory.

warm regards...
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Serenity Sinclaire

Post by Serenity Sinclaire »

Thank you kindly, Constance. It's appreciated. :)
These users thanked the author Serenity Sinclaire for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

Wishes of peace and success with your OARs go out to you, Serenity. Keep asking questions till you get an answer that works for you. :-)
Serenity Sinclaire

I think I may have worked this out. I tried it with moderate success but started over, then got distracted...but I used NWS and set it for 2x2, made each one flat...then went to each region, typed "show regions" in the console, then typed "change region region name #" and then it switched to that region, and then I typed "load oar region.oar" and it changed each one I did it for.

My question now is with the var region changes with OS 8+ do I need to relearn this all over again some other way to be able to save --all regions as one big connected one?

Please explain the difference with megaregions that are going away and var regions and how to implement this when saving oars, exporting, loading, and putting different oars in different regions!

This is worse than college, I swear... :ugeek:
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Serenity,

The process for doing all those OAR related operations is the same for megaregions and varregions, including the use of the --all command line parameter.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Serenity Sinclaire
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

For working with OARs, especially when combining single-region OARs, I'd stick with the megaregion method for now.

So in SoaS or NWS, set up contiguous single regions rather than a varregion. It gives you more flexibility in that you don't have to wipe the entire varregion when you need to tweak just one region's OAR. The console commands are also more straightforward.
Serenity Sinclaire

Dot Matrix wrote:For working with OARs, especially when combining single-region OARs, I'd stick with the megaregion method for now.

So in SoaS or NWS, set up contiguous single regions rather than a varregion. It gives you more flexibility in that you don't have to wipe the entire varregion when you need to tweak just one region's OAR. The console commands are also more straightforward.
I *think* I understand - let's find out! lol

I'm not quite familiar with SOAS - but NWS is making it super easy to get the hang of and then backtrack to figure out what's happening behind the scenes. I learn best by just hands on doing a few times and *then* the theory part makes more sense.

NWS has the option on the control panel to set megaregions on or not.

If I set a 3x3 (9 individual regions, correct?) which setting should be used if I want to:

1. have 9 different OARs loaded on 9 different regions - megaregions on or off?
2. work on any of the 9 but save them all as one ginormous OAR?

I think I'm interpreting this as if I set megaregions ON then it's one big surface area but if I set megaregions off, I still have the same space but it's separate individual regions.

Or maybe I don't understand the difference between megaregions varregions and advanced regions. Heh. Hmmm...

Is it possible to do a 2x2 or whatever - multiple regions, work on them separately, and save each one separately as well as the whole thing?