Problem: Can't get into my world

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Serendipity Seraph

Problem: Can't get into my world

Post by Serendipity Seraph »

Firestorm shows the full bar then hangs when the bar is full. Four times in a row this evening at 11:40-11:50 or so Pacific Time. My world is Fulfillment.
These users thanked the author Serendipity Seraph for the post:
June Nariel
Ilan Tochner

Re: Problem: Can't get into my world

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Serendipity,

What version of Firestorm do you have installed? You need to have the OpenSim-compatible version to be able to access Kitely.

You can get that version here: http://www.kitely.com/file?type=viewer
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
June Nariel
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

BTW, I entered your world to test it, I suggest you set a landing point above water so you don't appear underwater when you enter it.
Serendipity Seraph

Ilan Tochner wrote:BTW, I entered your world to test it, I suggest you set a landing point above water so you don't appear underwater when you enter it.
I didn't set a landing point underwater. I was using the opensim variant of Firestorm as implied by my stating the viewer had worked before. In any case I seem to have fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling Firestorm. I use the same viewer is SL and I have a suspicion that it gets 'poisoned' in between them somehow. At least that is my only working guess.
June Nariel
Serendipity Seraph

Serendipity Seraph wrote:
Ilan Tochner wrote:BTW, I entered your world to test it, I suggest you set a landing point above water so you don't appear underwater when you enter it.
I didn't set a landing point underwater. I was using the opensim variant of Firestorm as implied by my stating the viewer had worked before. In any case I seem to have fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling Firestorm. I use the same viewer is SL and I have a suspicion that it gets 'poisoned' in between them somehow. At least that is my only working guess.
Oops. I forgot to mention I had used this viewer before in Kitely it seems.
June Nariel
Serendipity Seraph

Oops. I forgot to mention I had used this viewer before in Kitely it seems.
Nope. I explicitly set the landing point and I am still underwater when I come in from the website. If I come in from another world by TP to home I am not. Yes I set the Landing Point separately now. Odd.
June Nariel
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Your world has a build over water so if the landing point is a bit low compared to your avatar then the avatar will fall under the build and you'll see yourself underwater by the time your viewer renders the scene.

Please try setting the landing point a bit higher and see if that helps.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
June Nariel