Can't HG to Kitely from WestWorld grid

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Danko Whitfield

Can't HG to Kitely from WestWorld grid

Post by Danko Whitfield »

Last night and this morning, I am unable to HG from WestWorld to Kitely. I get the error message: "Could not Teleport. The grid's Home URI has changed."

A reference to the new WestWorld address? Their login uri and HG address changed this week to:
http://westworldgrid.com:8102

I can HG from WestWorld to other grids, Metropolis for example. But when I get to Metro with my WestWorld avatar, I can still not go to Kitely. Last week, I could HG to Kitely directly but not now.

I have used both Firestorm and Singularity.

I have not yet tried to go in the reverse direction with my Kitely avatar.

I have submitted this info to the WestWorld owner, Leslie Kling as well.

Thank you.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Can't HG to Kitely from WestWorld grid

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Danko,

The Hypergrid protocol is not secure and lets people easily impersonate other people if they know their UUID. To prevent this very big security loophole we added an additional security mechanism to Kitely to ensure that avatar UUIDs are not reused between different grids. The problem is that when a grid intentionally changes its grid URI our system can't know the change was legitimate so it flags it as an impersonation attempt and blocks the teleport.

When that happens we need to be contacted in order to manually verify that the change was indeed legitimate. Once we're convinced that it is we can then update the grid information on our end.

Following your notification I went to WestWorld Grid and verified that it indeed changed its grid URI. We've therefore started the process of updating its grid URI on our end. This process can take a while. I'll let you know once it's complete so you can resume teleporting with users based in that grid to Kitely.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Danko Whitfield
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Hi Danko,

I changed the entry for WestWorld Grid to the new Grid URI. Please try again.

There was one strange thing, which might prevent HG from succeeding: even though most of the grid's service URL's now use the domain westworldgrid.com, the GatekeeperURI is still http://tanglegrid.net:8102. That might cause problems. If you succeed in HG teleporting into Kitely then great, and we're done. But if not then this URI may need to be changed to westworldgrid.com as well.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post:
Danko Whitfield
Danko Whitfield

Thanks Oren.

All is working now.

I just jumped from WestWorld to Kitely and then used TP Home to WestWorld. All good.

Then I logged my Kitely avatar in and jumped to WestWorld and then used TP Home. All good.

I will pass along your reply to Leslie Kling, in case they want to change that line...and then we have to do this again maybe?

I guess the other question would be whether Kitely Market purchase and delivery is working. Presumably it is.
These users thanked the author Danko Whitfield for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Thanks for the update, I'm glad it's working ok.

Kitely Market *should* work... but that's also worth checking. If you have the time, would you use the Verification mechanism (the one that sends a notecard with a PIN code) to make sure that WestWorld grid works with Kitely Market? Then we'd know for sure. Thanks!
Danko Whitfield

Oren Hurvitz wrote:Thanks for the update, I'm glad it's working ok.

Kitely Market *should* work... but that's also worth checking. If you have the time, would you use the Verification mechanism (the one that sends a notecard with a PIN code) to make sure that WestWorld grid works with Kitely Market? Then we'd know for sure. Thanks!

I am not familiar with that. In the past, my Kitely avatar has made my purchases and then I have OAR'd them to the grid I needed them on. But I was thinking of doing some shopping...and I'd like to try the system...so I'll look at the Market right now and see if there's something my WestWorld avatar would like to buy.

If this info sheds any light, when I sent my WestWorld av to Kitely a little while ago, he took a couple of free to copy items that were exportable and was able to rez them when he got home, without incident.
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

You can have items delivered directly to a Hypergrid avatar by changing the settings of your shopping cart: select "Deliver to: Other Grid", and then select the grid from the listbox.

Since WestWorld Grid isn't one of the standard grids, you'll need to add it in the Grid Manager. When you do that, you'll be taken through the verification process that ensures that the grid can actually receive deliveries from Kitely Market. That's when the notecard I had mentioned previously is sent.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post:
Danko Whitfield
Danko Whitfield

It worked Oren. WestWorld grid is verified
thx
These users thanked the author Danko Whitfield for the post (total 2):
Oren HurvitzShandon Loring
Danko Whitfield

and i made a purchase on Kitely Market as well and the item was delivered and is in use already. :)
These users thanked the author Danko Whitfield for the post:
Ilan Tochner