Attachment and Hypergridding

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Moonrise Azalee

Re: Attachment and Hypergridding

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

I did clear both yes. I think inventory cache is sufficient but I was having problems HG'ing out, places reported as 'no longer existing'
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please try to Hypergrid teleport out to destinations you are sure are currently online, the ones you tried may have been offline when you tried them.

Can you please give me the exact location in your inventory where we can find a box you brought in from another grid before you opened it?
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

I've also seen the "no longer existing" message when trying to HG out after several HG hops. The regions are still online when I check via the console or an alt.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Re: Regions not online messages, see article:
Testing HG addresses and address forms. Failure is not forever
http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/ ... s-and.html
I have see this response often and, as I described in the article, about half the time, the second try finds it. Even just a minute or 2 later. I have not seen it when trying to TP back to a region in Kitely. My guess is the search times out before the response is returned. Perhaps the search time can be improved or the time-out on search can be extended. That may be a Firestorm or OpenSimulator issue, or both.
Moonrise Azalee

Ilan Tochner wrote:Please try to Hypergrid teleport out to destinations you are sure are currently online, the ones you tried may have been offline when you tried them.

Can you please give me the exact location in your inventory where we can find a box you brought in from another grid before you opened it?
They were definitely online. Relogging allows a return - that is an open sim issue however, I don't think it is Kitely Specific.

Folder:
Inventory->My Suitcase-Objects -- is where the actual box is located. The items opened into my regular inventory under the appropriately title folder.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Is the box you're referring to:

"My Suitcase > Objects > princess of rock" ?
Moonrise Azalee

Yes. That is the name of the box.
The actual items are in Inventory->Princess of Rock folder

and of course same applies to any box with items in it that i have got from other grids. Barbosa or Samy, Babsy, -- anywhere that had the items in a box rather than just individual items like the jeans.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Birch,

We found a (rare) underlying problem with the export control system for items not coming from Kitely Market that creates this exportability problem. We'll be rolling out a fix for it in our next site update. This will unfortunately not make items already in Kitely that are suffering from this problem exportable. So you will need to retake those items from the other grids after we roll out the fix. As that is the case, please delay gathering items inworld from third-party grids until after our next site update. We expect this site update to be rolled out later this week or early next one.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Selby EvansDot MatrixMoonrise Azalee
Moonrise Azalee

I am SO relieved to read this
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You're invited to hear more about this in today's Kitely Community meeting: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2842