Attachment and Hypergridding

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Moonrise Azalee

Re: Attachment and Hypergridding

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

Using FS-
Went to OSgrid, grabbed some pants from the freebie mall. Then was unable to return back to Kitely. Home destination was Fail, and directly to Kitely was an 'unrecognized avatar'
Also, I got script errors again, just upon arriving at the freebie mall:

Going to log in with a different viewer and try. Maybe new FS is being difficult.

Code: Select all

at System.Net.Dns.hostent_to_IPHostEntry (System.String h_name, System.String[] h_aliases, System.String[] h_addrlist) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostByName (System.String hostName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OpenSim.Framework.Communications.OutboundUrlFilter.CheckAllowed (System.Uri url) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Scripting.HttpRequest.HttpRequestModule.CheckAllowed (System.Uri url) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Scripting.HttpRequest.HttpRequestModule.StartHttpRequest (OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.S
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known
  at System.Net.Dns.hostent_to_IPHostEntry (System.String h_name, System.String[] h_aliases, System.String[] h_addrlist) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
***updated***
Yes, when I put the jeans on in kitely after getting back, I was able to go back out with them on. (using FS)
The above script error only displays in FS btw, and not Kokua viewer.
It allowed me to use 'home' to return home this time.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

It looks like that viewer version has some issues.

It may also relate to the combination of OpenSim version on the region you visited and the one that Kitely worlds use.

Am I correct to say that you now have no HG export issues if you only wear the items after you've brought them over to Kitely?
Moonrise Azalee

Well, except still for the items I got from OSgrid and Craft last night. Those, I got from there, brought back here, and wore. And can not teleport out with them on.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We updated our system earlier today so that may have fixed something. It would be good to know whether getting these items from those locations again now will enable you to take out those newer copies out of Kitely later. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... 0-8-2-dev/
Moonrise Azalee

Currently unable to get into Craft to get those same items again (the only grid I have found them at) but I will try again and see how it goes :)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Birch, please keep me updated.
Moonrise Azalee

So, tonight, again - was unable to leave Kitely with an outfit I got from the Emporium in OSgrid
Get 'princess of rock' avatar/clothing
Come home with it, open put on.. can not leave. 'following items are not exportable' (then a list.) not just attachments, but the skin everything
Clear cache. wait a bit. log back on. go to Osgrid , get PRincess of Rock again. I go to a sandbox. open and am able to wear skin, shape and anything that is not an attachment. I wait a few minutes.. then TP home to kitely.
I wait a few minutes and then go to TP out. It lets me, but im white when I arrive. Moments later I crash.
Log back in, at home in Kitely im a white cloud. eventually i rez, wearing the skin, shape clothing (no detachables) I wait for awhile so as not to confuse anything. Then I attempt to tp back out to OSgrid agaain and am told that evverything I hvae on is non exportable.

So,I log in with my xmir grid avi, go to Emporium in Osgrid. Get the same outfit, come home, put it on and can go anywhere. No warnings about detachables.
hmm
:shock:
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Can you please tell me the folder location in your Kitely inventory where those items are located so we can research the problem further?
Moonrise Azalee

So to recap and include all the info, in cohesive order:
I get Princess of Rock from a freebie store. It goes into my Suitcase.
I get home, open it, copy to inventory, it makes a folder in my regular inventory.
I take the empty package back into inventory and get:
Can't add item "Princess of Rock" to folder "Objects" because it's not Exportable. The item was added to the "Lost And Found" folder instead.
So THAT item, the original box goes into lost and found.

And just to be sure,that somehow it wasnt switching everything associated with it to 'non export' once I took it back into inventory I tried to:
a)change into items and HG out before taking the used box back into inventory - still no.
b)delete box once used because items are copyable anyhow - still no.

Ive tried this with clearing cache and using both the new FS and 32bt Singularity, but this whole test listed here is all FS,

The Jeans I put on and HG'd out with succesfully yesterday - they were not in a box. They came as they were. Just jeans.
I was able to HG out to metropolis with them on. Stayed a bit. Took a few tries to TP home (my region needed to start im sure) But got home. Waited a few and attempted to HG back out but this time, although the region was found again - hypergrid.org:8002 - the attempt resulted in 'region you tried to teleport to doesn't exist anymore'

So, went into OSgrid to experiment further and while there opened Princess of Rock - it made a folder for it in reg inventory, however nothing is in it , it divided the body parts of shape/skin etc into 'body' and other items were simply put into 'objects' into My Suitcase. No folders. Got home, put on the skin/shape frm My Suitcase 'body parts' - and once again, could not HG out with it.

So, back into OSgrid to put on skin/shape there: now, the skins/shapes are not in my suitcase. Instead my kitely skins/shapes are in there and the skin/shape is now found in a folder marked as such in my inventory.

HG back to kitely to my home.. skin and shape appear on still, however my hair made a copy of itself and is now phantomed sitting in mid air.
My kitely shape/skin are still in Suitcase and now the items I am wearing are in regular inventory folder, saying 'unavailable', in fact all of my regular inventory now says unavailable. Although I am in Kitely. Apparently my inventory is scolding me for bringing in a foreign skin/shape :)

HG back into OS after a little while (folders still unavailable).. then once all was rezzed etc.. came back to kitely.. now the folders are 'normal'
I attempted a HG into Metropolis, and got in but my hair also made a copy in mid air again. (my hair is exportable from kitely market btw) So I seem now to travel about with the other skin/shape but now my hair is being left wherever I go - might only be me seeing this-

Relogged to see if hair would go.. came back with initial skin, shape and no hair at all
*ugh* this is so much effort to just hypergrid and make use of items I have.

Cleared cache and - still bald, but now the skin and shape I had on earlier (my exportable ones) clothes stayed the same (also exportable)

I know this is long but trying to see if there is some sort of 'theme' going on. Something is very different in the way exportables are being handled with my kitely avatar when they are boxed. Hopefully the info helps a bit - im a bit too frustrated at this point to try anything else. the only things that dont fail me are my 'export' hair, skin, shape and outfit from kitely market :/ - but sort of takes the fun out of hypergridding which was the whole reason I wanted a HG home base. :shock:
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for the detailed report.

When you say you cleared cache do you mean you cleared both the viewer cache and the viewer inventory cache? (those are two separate options in the viewer)