Attachment and Hypergridding

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Moonrise Azalee

Attachment and Hypergridding

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

I was wondering -
In each world, even filtered such as GCG, I have a complte avi that I have got from Craft-World.
I HG over, grab it, come home, put it on and can go all over and don't lose any attachments.
So, when setting up my avatar yesterday (ive been registered a while but only got land and started useing Kitely last night) I went into Craft, got the complete avi and came back to Kitely.
the box was empty and instead the items were all in the lost and found folder
So i put everything on, but am unable to leave Kitely wearing it.
Just wondering why that is - I have this avi/shape all across OpenSim and don't want to have to change shape/skin/clothing just to visit another grid. I would have thought that if I could leave other filtered grids in this full avi, and am able to bring it all in (and dress in it once i get to another grid outside of Kitely)
that it shld be okay to leave Kitely in also..
Should i wear the items when i get them and then come back to kitely in them?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Attachment and Hypergridding

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Birch,

Please try opening the box while on Craft and taking those items into your My Suitcase inventory folder. Then TP back to Kitely and see if you can TP out with them again. Assuming that works, as it should, wear the items then TP out to the same destination. Did that work as well?
Moonrise Azalee

well.. problem.
There is a non stop script error going when i get into craft to get the avi package.
I grabbed the Lady Warrior pack twice but all that shows up is a leg attachment for the pants:
as you can see in the picture that script error is repeating non stop.
So, ultimately nothing to put on while im at Craft. cept a piece of pant leg.

I get back to my home, and it's all there, tho not in a folder, its in my lost and found.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

It looks like there are bugs with the scripted item in Craft and, for all I can tell without seeing that script, they may be related to trying to change item permissions. Have you tried accessing that box now in Craft with an avatar from another grid?
Moonrise Azalee

That script error shows up as soon as I arrive at Uptown in Craft-World. At the landing area. At that point Ive not touched anything or done anything.
To give a better overview:
My friend who is new to Kitely was trying to access Craft-World from here (kitely) and it showed up as 'not found' - (he and I both on FS viewer) - I was able to find it however and tried to TP him, it would not allow, saying region doesn't exist.
While I was there that script error kept going.
He could access OS/GCG and others from Kitely but Craft-World was showing up as not there... maybe it was only showing up for me because Ive been there before with my Kitely avi. I HG'd to metropolis also - and got script errors too.

A bit later, I accessed it from xmir grid avi - so no script error and was able to retrieve the avi set.
I used a different viewer tho and I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I used Kokua with my other avi.
Both my friend and I were using Firestorm.

I'll try again today and see.

I don't spend a lot of time in OpenSim anymore but really want to be able to have one singular HG enabled home so that when there are functions in the various grids I can get there.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please try to clear your viewer cache and viewer inventory cache then visit that Craft world with a non-Kitely non-Craft avatar and see if you get that error. If you don't get it then please clear that viewer's cache and inventory cache again and this time visit it with a Kitely avatar.
Moonrise Azalee

When I reaccessed it with the other avatar it was using Kokua viewer. Seemed better when I went to Craft World BUT there are still items not loading properly, also the portals in craft were not working well - then stopped.
I can HG anywhere else though so -- going to sum that up as a Craft issue at the moment.

So if that is indeed simply a Craft issue , it leaves me with the other. Problem is, I can't seem to leave Kitely in anything other than my Rachel Starter avi.
In every other grid I have the same avi and skin from Craft - was able to pick it up, bring it home, change into it all and then go out and see the 'verse.
For whatever reason, I can't leave Kitely with the same things on that I can leave other grids with as an avatar on that Grid. GCG avi can leave GCG, Metro avi can leave Metro, XMIR avi can leave Xmir -- but my Kitely avi has to strip down to nothing but her starter avi in order to travel and Im finding it frustrating.
I even went to OSgrid, got an avi, put it on, came to Kitely but still couldnt leave with it on.

Is there just extra security in place in Kitely that does not exist in the other grids that is making it not possible for me to leave with my stuff on?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You should be able to teleport out with anything you brought in via the HG from another grid. The only issue we believe might exist is with items losing exportability if they were worn/taken off or modified while you were visiting an OpenSim grid running an OpenSim version prior to 0.7.6 (which is more than two years old).

Please use Firestorm and clear your viewer and inventory cache then teleport to a grid (which isn't Craft) take something there into your inventory and wear it. Then come back to Kitely and try to HG teleport to the same grid where you got the items from. Did that work?
Moonrise Azalee

I did -- but it did not work. I got something from OSgrid (after cache clearing), and wore it (hair)
came back to Kitely. Tried to leave again, and it would not let me 'wearing non exportable items'
I gave up and went with a skin/shape/hair/outfit from kitely marketplace - exportable, and I'm good for now.
Ill try again with another viewer another time.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Can you please get something from outside Kitely not wear it there then wear it inside Kitely and see if that makes any difference?