no "My Suitcase" folder?

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Kayaker Magic

no "My Suitcase" folder?

Post by Kayaker Magic »

When my OSgrid avtar visits Kitely and my Kitely avatar gives him something, it lands in the Objects folder.
The Objects folder says (unavailable) but but OSKayaker is able to wear it (an archery bow).
OSKayaker does not have a My Suitcase folder, where I expect things like this to arrive.
What gives? I assume if I create a folder named My Suitcase it will not work like the official one does. How do I get this set up correctly?

When OSKayaker tries to rez something deep out of his (unavailable) Objects folder, it works! This is not supposed to work except through the My Suitcase folder!
When OSkayaker gives something from his (inavailable) Objects to Kitely Kayaker, it arrives in his Objects folder. I guess that is correct behavior.

OSKayaker is arriving out of an OpenSim 0.9.0.0 simulator from OSgrid, could there be something messed up with the suitcase and hypergridding logic in that version?

More testing:

I logged in as my Great Canadian Grid avatar and teleported to Panthalassa in Kitely. When Kitely Kayaker gives something to GCGKayaker, it lands in the My Suitcase folder as I expect.
Kayaker Magic

No grid address in avatar name!

Post by Kayaker Magic »

I have enough trouble figuring out which me is me, but the OSgrid Avatar does not have the grid name on the end! Another regression?
The GCG Kayaker shows up in local chat as Kayaker.Magic @login.greatcanadiangrid.ca:8002
but the OSgrid Kayaker just shows up as Kayaker Magic, no grid address.
Graham Mills

Re: no "My Suitcase" folder?

Post by Graham Mills »

I recall this being mentioned in the transcript from the Tuesday OSG meetup within the past month or so. Seems like an OSG "feature".
Kayaker Magic wrote:When my OSgrid avtar visits Kitely and my Kitely avatar gives him something, it lands in the Objects folder.
The Objects folder says (unavailable) but but OSKayaker is able to wear it (an archery bow).
OSKayaker does not have a My Suitcase folder, where I expect things like this to arrive.
What gives? I assume if I create a folder named My Suitcase it will not work like the official one does. How do I get this set up correctly?

When OSKayaker tries to rez something deep out of his (unavailable) Objects folder, it works! This is not supposed to work except through the My Suitcase folder!
When OSkayaker gives something from his (inavailable) Objects to Kitely Kayaker, it arrives in his Objects folder. I guess that is correct behavior.

OSKayaker is arriving out of an OpenSim 0.9.0.0 simulator from OSgrid, could there be something messed up with the suitcase and hypergridding logic in that version?

More testing:

I logged in as my Great Canadian Grid avatar and teleported to Panthalassa in Kitely. When Kitely Kayaker gives something to GCGKayaker, it lands in the My Suitcase folder as I expect.
Ilan Tochner

Re: no "My Suitcase" folder?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I just want to remind people that OpenSim 0.9.0 has not been officially released yet and contains many bugs and features which don't work quite like they should. OSgrid, being the official OpenSim development branch testing grid, runs the latest OpenSim development code on its servers. That is great for helping find bugs in OpenSim during its development but it really isn't a good choice for people wanting to use OpenSim with as little problems as possible.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans