Help with Hypergird Tp'ing from Kitely please.

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Sasha Blake
Has thanked: 0

Re: Help with Hypergird Tp'ing from Kitely please.

Post by Sasha Blake »

skindup truk wrote:7
kitely-teleport-7.png
kitely-teleport-8.png

just question please.. see how in the attachements

eg

download/file.php?id=776&mode=view

you have the letters hop:// and in mine i do not have those letters before hand at all even if you try to cursor back space nothing happens before the letter K for kitely

How do you get that to show please? as with my screen shots etc eg.
http://www90.zippyshare.com/v/JYuXlpX9/file.html

i dont have that and havent' seen it on the address bar so just wondering how you got that to show up :)

thanks again

Sasha :)
skindup truk

Post by skindup truk »

PM sent. you may be only one left click away from victory! ;)
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

skindup truk wrote:PM sent. you may be only one left click away from victory! ;)
Thank you so much pming back .. looking now and also replying after that on forum to all who haev helped me so far as bad and good thing happened so think solved now but not sure why as yet. :)
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

Hello to all Kitely people and residents and other i am pming as well but wish to put here to thank you all again for trying to help me tp :)

I have good and bad news but problem is solved but not why yet .. I hope to find out soon .. :)

after posting and doing last week what was suggested next night the modem just died no reason . no storms no spikes nothing ....

So while it worked for one tp to franco grid which was hopeful. i have no answers yet as to why it died or not ihave spoken to company as is under warenty not 12 months old yet. I don't know why it workd that one tp place and not others . I am not sure why it died. I did not have any special router settings on it for a residential Buddii modem .. but i am waiting to speak to a supervisor on monday so when i am sent one of two brand replacements i hope to find out what it is about that setting it had or they have in that brand or why this broke for no reason and why i ca't tp .. I a on a borrowed modem and came straight to kitely and i can tp and wanted to thank everyone so far for all your help with my frustrating problem .

So til the new one gets sent out and i can find out why first... before choosing. this one seems happy to tp and be ' normal' so i don't have an answer yet to help anyone that may have same problem in future as yet all i can say is if you have a Budii modem and have tp problems you may 90% keep blaming your computer and it may just be the modem.
i hope to get some answers and find out and the new modem soon as have been offline til this borrowed one :) thank you again to all that have helped and continue to help me with this problem :D in forum and pm :)
Sasha
These users thanked the author Sasha Blake for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansDot Matrix
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

If virtual worlds would shift to http(s), a failing router that could not handle virtual worlds calls would also fail for the browser. The failure would be obvious.
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

Selby Evans wrote:If virtual worlds would shift to http(s), a failing router that could not handle virtual worlds calls would also fail for the browser. The failure would be obvious.
Daer Selby Thank you for all your support and also being the first to jump up to try to help me there have been two people from the first week of this that have tried to help and never stopped and of coure then Mr Illan ..

result was yesterday i finally got on to the supervisor and he told me there had been issues with the modem of the ' Budii lite' he was not sure if this was just a bad batch number or not but they are sending them back to the company they have the deal with ... I was not even aware my modem was a Budii lite as 'lite' is not what i asked for and had no word of this on the paperwork or the item or box so .. that was not overly impressive anyway as this borrowed modem ( from i am lucky people went away for this week and have taken their laptop and let me use their modem set it up password and yes is still appily chugging away on Open sim . That when i spoke to the supervisor . I asked was there any default settings that could cause a block or any such issue with this modem . His answer was no .. there are not odd default settings that are non residential and if you want to do other settings or a router set up differently then the customer has to do that.. So as far as i can gather ( as the do not have my dead modem back yet in the post ) he implied that it would not be taken apart by them to find out why it died. but sent back with the others that had failed as they have the 'deal with the company ' As this brand of modem is happy enough with this computer and they do have this as a choice I have oped after asking about another 5 questions about ports or things and other as i do Not wish to be put in this position paying for modems that stop me from doing what i want.
Also asi was not overly impressed as i had 4 things going on when the modem was sent out ( eg lines being laid that went 3 times wrong with other company that owns the lines over here that companies ' rent them from ' then wrong billing and things i told them i was not impressed with being send the modem i didnot ask for. but nevertheless I will be getting the other brand which is happy at the moment. So i am not sure if they will tell me what ever was the issue buti am phoning again next thursday week . I may get an answer as to what is the ' batch issue' as i am not the only one in last 10 months apparently with a dead Buddii lite modem .. So my only help i can be of others if is you have problem tping a lot not just once or twce but you simply can NOT do it no matter all the advice of kitely helpers and peopel and users and you have all export things on and have done everything.... .
Unlike myself , of course check all computer firewalls,antiviruses and ports and security programs that may block it but also if you have this brand it ' just ' may be this batch if you are unluck like myself so ' suspect your modem as well ' As he said no there is no default odd settings or such that should have stopped me from using it..
I hope maybe if someone else has this ongoing no tp issue if you have this modem please if you can as i coudl nto test at another computer or public net cafe with open sim viewer installs if yo are stuck like that .. and your lucky enough someone is going away and you can at least borrow a modem for a few days Do try it .. It just could be like myself the route of your problem as like Selby made me aware while my modem was working it could have been ' failing ' so ther for causing this before it had died. :)

thank you again for your help Selby .. and if i find out next thursday week what the ' fault with this batch was i will let users know just in case' .. :)

Sasha
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

Sasha Blake wrote:Hello :)
I am a new person to Kitely . I have been having no luck at all in Teleporting to other grids . I am using Firestorm Viewer Firestorm 4.7.9 (I also after many attempts downloaded the latest Singularity Viewer and the same problem . What happens is . I put in address as said in url below and I get no error messages I just get kicked from whatever viewer I am using while it tries to tp . Also the maps do not show land in any of the common other places I saw listed to try just blue area. But the addreses are listed. But i tried anyway . with all instructions at below url :)
https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... otections/

I have tried ( as i notice the export on the welcome avatar I picked that 'export' were all not ticked so I tried uploading a CC free skin , a shape made a pair of eyes making sure was ticked Export myself ( and In a last desperate attempt to be absolutely certain (and ready to tp back in a second given & hit 'replace outfit) as the clothes are no Export either and it was greyed out on ones i uploaded xml from zadaroo.on picking up to inventory . So then I actually tried twice to tp with nothing But those 3 export items on me , That was as much as I can risk tp'ing like that even with a quick change. But for a test showed me is not export problem .
Unfortunately I still get the same result no matter the Hypergrid address looks same on map and logged out of viewer after click teleport and no error message. I am really puzzled. I also tried another few addresses from the directory that looked very popular but all look the same on map and log me out with no error on tp just the same.
I do not understand what I could be doing wrong. I am following the directions at above url. Can anyone help me as to what could be causing this please? As I can go nowhere outside Kitely at all for any tours that may come up or such. I don't know what else could be blocking me from teleporting as the page does say we can go outside to those addresses .
Thank you very much for any help anyone can give to help me solve this :)
Sasha
Hello , i did say when i Phoned if and as i go answers i would post in case it may help some other frustrated user. i have replied Under Selby's latest post to me as this is what information i have found out so far the 'short version is ' if you have a Budii lite modem ... and you can not tp not just a few times but all the time and for no reason that a helper or resident or support person says and its not normal firewalls , security programs or such .. start to susspect or look at your modem as this was a ' faulty batch number' apparently and I have yet to find out ' what this fault was that not only made tping not happen except twice to a grid just befoer it completely died. And i wasted weeks ( well not wasted) but believed it was my computer settings or such and apparently this modem was' failing ' even though still working til it just died for no reason . It will be replaced .longer answer is in my reply to selby to save multiple postings bothering grid users but basically If i find out what the fault is and the why and where fore i will post after thenext call when I was told to phone again as i will be posted a new one .. the old one has not arrived to them yet but its i not all of the modem brand only a batch as far as i can gather i was given a number of approx 40 in last 10 months so .. they have a deal with the company so i am sure there will be a resolution there. Myself... I amgetting another brand of modem and the same one that is working well with this now as its seems to be quite happy with open sim and all normal things on loan and it is a choice i can get from the company as it was not even 12 months old. SO if yo do have this constant tp issue and is just not a grid down or issue . look to your modem even if its working on mail google and normal things you umay ... just may ... have a failing one if its a Buddii lite. thanks again all kiely helpers and than kyou Selby and skidup Truk for not giving up helping from the start :)

Sasha :D
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

skindup truk wrote:PM sent. you may be only one left click away from victory! ;)
Hello , i did say when i Phoned if and as i go answers i would post in case it may help some other frustrated user. i have replied Under Selby's latest post to me as this is what information i have found out so far the 'short version is ' if you have a Budii lite modem ... and you can not tp not just a few times but all the time and for no reason that a helper or resident or support person says and its not normal firewalls , security programs or such .. start to susspect or look at your modem as this was a ' faulty batch number' apparently and I have yet to find out ' what this fault was that not only made tping not happen except twice to a grid just befoer it completely died. And i wasted weeks ( well not wasted) but believed it was my computer settings or such and apparently this modem was' failing ' even though still working til it just died for no reason . It will be replaced .longer answer is in my reply to selby to save multiple postings bothering grid users but basically If i find out what the fault is and the why and where fore i will post after thenext call when I was told to phone again as i will be posted a new one .. the old one has not arrived to them yet but its i not all of the modem brand only a batch as far as i can gather i was given a number of approx 40 in last 10 months so .. they have a deal with the company so i am sure there will be a resolution there. Myself... I amgetting another brand of modem and the same one that is working well with this now as its seems to be quite happy with open sim and all normal things on loan and it is a choice i can get from the company as it was not even 12 months old. SO if yo do have this constant tp issue and is just not a grid down or issue . look to your modem even if its working on mail google and normal things you umay ... just may ... have a failing one if its a Buddii lite. thanks again all kiely helpers and than kyou Selby and skidup Truk for not giving up helping from the start :)

I have also found out with the help fo the person who set up the computer why not all ' addresses or ' extensions' show up on my viewer here . They played around for about 40 minutes and i can now see the hop:// ! :D so am very happy but had you not made me aware this was hot it shouldstart i would not have been non the wiser. Now when i click the extension at the start is very visable just like your screen shot you sent me and i can do as you said i tried twice and it works fine like yo said just paste after that point and not worry about space... and viola .. it does work ! so thank you for telling me that is what the format looked like i thought htpp or basicaly nothing as i didnt' see that part ever.. So they went to bed at 1am when i came back and i will find out what show extension viewer they played with to do it as in a viewer i have also not seen that before .. only in computer file hide / show extensions so a little puzzle but one fixed just again have to know why but happy i can see it and it does work exactly as you said it would with copy paste address :)

thaks you again for not giving up helping this issue i have had since joining :)

Sasha :D