Help with Hypergird Tp'ing from Kitely please.

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Ilan Tochner

Re: Help with Hypergird Tp'ing from Kitely please.

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Sasha,

When you did what Selby suggested did it find the hypergrid address for you on the world map?
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Summary of the problem.
Sasha created a new avatar this afternoon (10/16/2016). Attempts at HGTP failed, again with a crash. I gave her a landmark to Nara Nook. That failed also. (All failures are by crashing, without error message.) She tried a wi-fi connection, which also resulted in a crash. That seems to rule out her ISP. She is in Australia, so government blocking of something is unlikely. We have other Australians on Kitely; I have never heard o a problem like this form them (or from anybody else).

The common element in all crashes is her machine. She has tried disabling security features and checking blocked ports without success. She can't find another machine to use in her rural area.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Selby, but I need to know the answer to the specific question I asked: when she searches for a hypergrid address of a non-kitely region on the world map does she get a result? If she does, what is the exact error message she gets when she tries to teleport to that search result using the teleport option in the wold map window? (you mentioned crashing but what exactly crashes and with what error message)

It's preferable that the destination region she tries is one that is currently running an OpenSim version prior to 0.9.0 to rule out that somehow being the cause of the problem she's encountering.
Sasha Blake
Has thanked: 0

Post by Sasha Blake »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Thank you Selby, but I need to know the answer to the specific question I asked: when she searches for a hypergrid address of a non-kitely region on the world map does she get a result? If she does, what is the exact error message she gets when she tries to teleport to that search result using the teleport option in the wold map window? (you mentioned crashing but what exactly crashes and with what error message)

It's preferable that the destination region she tries is one that is currently running an OpenSim version prior to 0.9.0 to rule out that somehow being the cause of the problem she's encountering.

Sorry for interjecting but i have been reading again today and trying to get a hold of when other things maybe coming back.. I did send a pm to you Mr Tochner and thank you also for your help ..

What is actually happening is i either paste or copy and paste the address into my address bar ( or as Selby said above use a Lm given to me or he also tried to tp me by invite today and what actually happens is first i have just a long wait then no error message..... no warning .... no sound nothing .. just all goes grey i hear the 'bloop' for the 'you have been logged out of Kitely , The region maybe experiencing trouble. Please check your connection to the internet. This is the Normal thing happening since day one if i try to tp out of kitely ..

However I had my very first error message today which was the second time he tried to invite tp me i waited and nothing happened in the grey then i found myself back or still ( i could not tell int he grey /black ) at the kitely welcome area where i was standing on tp click but error said .....

" Teleport failed .The destination does not exist anymore"' ( this was clearly not right as Mr Selby Evans was there trying to get me there' so it has to be something my end i just am at a loss .

I have a copy i sent to another member about pasting in address bar in case i am doing that wrong I have also tried lists suggested and using as i was pm'ed by someone who is also trying to help me with a list of places and another 3 suggestions in the week so I made two screenshots to make sure this looks the same i see no hop:// and I have not had any luck with copy paste addresses even though I can not see a ' hop:// which i am told should be before the address. I have and did make up two screen shots ( i was told though later this is nothing to stop the lm from working or such but in case it helps at all here are the screenshots uploaded.

(at zippyshare)
1) to see if my address bar is like everyone else's where i am pasting there addresses
http://www90.zippyshare.com/v/JYuXlpX9/file.html

2) another shot of what happens if i paste the address in world map

http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/wOR4SihL/file.html

This is about as much information as i have up to date.. and tried to make sure i let you know I had created another account and i would like to thank everyone that is trying to help me .

If i can not get something worked out by the end of this coming week i will give up on it as I believe it is becoming taxing on the community to try to help and as i can't get to another computer to install firestorm and see what happens and I also except waiting to person to change ports that maybe ? an issue or not who set up these programs and computer ... I know it is hard to help after trying so many things and thank you to everyone who has pm'ed i am trying to keep up and reading a lot of google and other Australians including Tasmania area that are not having issues with same server..

this is about all the information I have so far .. and two more people are still trying to help . I am doing all suggestions from the people trying to help and I am afraid now its getting down to .. either firewall which is only thing that has not been turned off in security or add ons for malware and other ' block ' things or ports. I am almost at the end of try outs but am following diligently every lead sent to me.

Thank you again people of kitely and Mr Tochner ..
These users thanked the author Sasha Blake for the post:
Selby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Sasha,

There are many ways Hypergrid communications and travel can fail but not all ways of trying to access the Hypergrid are susceptible to them all. I would highly recommend against using Landmarks, the viewer address bar and to some extent TP offers as a way to get to grids you have yet to visit. The only option I would recommend is searching in the world map using the destination regions Hypergrid address (without HTTP or HOP before the address). If the viewer shows you the destination on your world map you're already one step closer to getting there. Then use the Teleport button in the world map window to get to the destination you just found on the map.

(side note to other readers, when Sasha did this for a Franco grid address she succeed in getting to that other region).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans
skindup truk

Post by skindup truk »

kitely-teleport-1.png
kitely-teleport-2.png
kitely-teleport-3.png
skindup truk

Post by skindup truk »

kitely-teleport-4.png
kitely-teleport-5.png
kitely-teleport-6.png
skindup truk

Post by skindup truk »

kitely-teleport-7.png
kitely-teleport-8.png
skindup truk

Post by skindup truk »

Hi all,

I have posted 8x small cropped screenshots above to show a small issue with getting the hop:// part of the address correct. This had me confused when trying to access a "HG enabled" grid for the first time last week. But it seems obvious once you know about it!

If you just paste in an address then firestorm tries to do a search based on that phrase, which tends to fail.

I have found if you paste in the address just after the hop:// part then it tends to work. The address then gets converted into a kitely grid address after the teleport happens.

Cheers,
Kurt.
These users thanked the author skindup truk for the post (total 3):
Dot MatrixIlan TochnerSelby Evans
Sasha Blake
Has thanked: 0

Post by Sasha Blake »

skindup truk wrote:Hi all,

I have posted 8x small cropped screenshots above to show a small issue with getting the hop:// part of the address correct. This had me confused when trying to access a "HG enabled" grid for the first time last week. But it seems obvious once you know about it!

If you just paste in an address then firestorm tries to do a search based on that phrase, which tends to fail.

I have found if you paste in the address just after the hop:// part then it tends to work. The address then gets converted into a kitely grid address after the teleport happens.

Cheers,
Kurt.
Thank you so much for all the trouble you have gone to to help me out.. I had a successful tp to franco grid which is good . and will be working furhter on it and i really really appeciate the screen shots as it shows me what is normal and not in open sim hypergrid )

Thanks so much again ! :) i am slowly getting there and slowly understanding more :)

Sasha