Help with Hypergird Tp'ing from Kitely please.

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Constance Peregrine

Re: Help with Hypergird Tp'ing from Kitely please.

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Welcome to Kitely Sasha.

It seems there may be some basic issue being overlooked here.

Firstly, the clothes don't actually need the export box checked. Your outfit just needs to be all full perm or I think copy/trans, to get out. If it is a clothing or attachment issue, Kitely put up a popup describing it, so if you don't get any of that it is another issues.

Keep in mind attachments also.

Starting at https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Il ... ome-Center

let's try you opening your map (ctrl +m) then paste in the find spot

hg.osgrid.org:80:lbsa

then click find and it should show a place but it does not show land or people in it and such as it is not in Kitely and on completely different servers.

You should be able to click the teleport button and go. You are leaving one welcome region to the OSGrid welcome region, so that should make this work.

If not, sometimes you need to find a roundabout way. Try putting this into your map

hypergrid.org:8002:*metropolis*

find and teleport.

If you get to one of those it may be easier to get to the avatarfest region. I hope this helps. I use firestorm.
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Dot Matrix
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Sasha Blake
Has thanked: 0

Post by Sasha Blake »

Selby Evans wrote:Sasha-- that map looks just as it should when it has found the place. The TP Click should have taken you there. I will need to contact you inworld to help further.
Hello Selby ; when i am in kitely logged in i will try to contact you if you are online if i can give any more details to help with this problem . Thank you again for trying to help me as i do wish to see other worlds as well as home grid :)

I am not sure what is wrong at all ..
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I sent you a landmark to Nara Nook- Please see if that works. If you cannot, it is a HG teleport problem.

I assume that you tried in Singularity and crashed with that viewer also.

There are various causes for HG TP failure, but none of them that I know of regularly cause a crash. They normally produce an error message.

What is your computer and graphics board?

Check Preferences, Network and files: what is your maximum bandwidth setting? It should be less than half what your ISP claim to provide.

If I can't help, I will find someone who can. But I want to be sure that I have checked everything I can first
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

I Will try to get in-world and hopefully be able to meet in there thank you very much for the help I am recieveing as this has me so puzzled i can not seem to find any other directions or instructions that could be stopping me from leaving the kitely to see other places of go to other freebie shops or such things .. So it will be good to solve it someway . I will try to contact when in-world.. Its a difficult thing to try to get any further with although I have and am following all suggestions and directions .. perhaps i will have more luck in world i will try to contact you when i can get in next log in ..
thank you :)

Sasha :)
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

I assume that you tried in Singularity and crashed with that viewer also.

There are various causes for HG TP failure, but none of them that I know of regularly cause a crash. They normally produce an error message.

What is your computer and graphics board?

Check Preferences, Network and files: what is your maximum bandwidth setting? It should be less than half what your ISP claim to provide.

If I can't help, I will find someone who can. But I want to be sure that I have checked everything I can first[/quote]

Hello again Selby ..

yes i tried Singularty also and i even tried to download Kokua (os to find version ) but yes singularity is crashing exactly the same time frame and in same way ..

the answer to computer specs are :

Toshiba SATELLITE P870

Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (intergrated board)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (the dedicated one)

in preferences I have set for any virtual world or such as 500 max bandwidth for any virtual world in any Viewer FS or other ..

I hope to try to go in-world again to kitely later and see if i can get any further .. at least i got 2 error messages out of the 4 goes may help to find out what it could be maybe ?
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

Constance Peregrine wrote:Welcome to Kitely Sasha.

It seems there may be some basic issue being overlooked here.

Firstly, the clothes don't actually need the export box checked. Your outfit just needs to be all full perm or I think copy/trans, to get out. If it is a clothing or attachment issue, Kitely put up a popup describing it, so if you don't get any of that it is another issues.

Keep in mind attachments also.

Starting at https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Il ... ome-Center

let's try you opening your map (ctrl +m) then paste in the find spot

then click find and it should show a place but it does not show land or people in it and such as it is not in Kitely and on completely different servers.

You should be able to click the teleport button and go. You are leaving one welcome region to the OSGrid welcome region, so that should make this work.

If not, sometimes you need to find a roundabout way. Try putting this into your map

find and teleport.

If you get to one of those it may be easier to get to the avatarfest region. I hope this helps. I use firestorm.

Hello Constance;

Thanks for your reply .. I have tried making sure all my clothes are all trans mod copy the lot . and have been using default avatar from kitely welcome just in case. ( as mentioned i even tried twoce a full perm Export and uploaded skin i did to make sure and shape with a bald base i did also and nothing else except eyes i did as well just in case so there could be no issue of export as i read that doesn't work .. but still got same error.. I have tried as well the urls left for me as well as the one on the url to show yo how at kitely welcome ..

i did have a good few goes with the urls you kindly left of

and still no luck I am having the same crash and log out on tp .. so mm is a puzzle for sure... Thank you for replying as any and all help is appreciated.
also i have tried a number of the ' kitely worlds to visit in the hypergrid list . to copy and paste as well and always the same blank map look with no land . but i still try to tp as the page does say i should eb able to get to metropolis and osgrid and some other common and online hypergrids.. so still remains unsolved as yet.

hank you for replying as any and all help is appreciated.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Hello, Sasha. What sort of internet connection are you using?

I ask because sometimes a friend of mine has problems getting to different places. She is on a satellite connection.

In her case what we try to do is to meet in a highly optimised world/region, so that her connection has as little stress as possible. I keep a mostly vanilla copy of Kitely's Evergreen Island for this (it's called Relto if you want to try it).

Could you perhaps try teleporting within Kitely to worlds of different levels of complexity? These are worlds that should start up within a few seconds.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

Dot Matrix wrote:Hello, Sasha. What sort of internet connection are you using?

I ask because sometimes a friend of mine has problems getting to different places. She is on a satellite connection.

In her case what we try to do is to meet in a highly optimised world/region, so that her connection has as little stress as possible. I keep a mostly vanilla copy of Kitely's Evergreen Island for this (it's called Relto if you want to try it).

Could you perhaps try teleporting within Kitely to worlds of different levels of complexity? These are worlds that should start up within a few seconds.
Hello Dot Matrix;

I am on Ethernet modem/ can use wi fi but i do not / on ADSL and i find i can tp ok in kitley worlds but not ever get out to other grids listed that i should in the list be able to get to to go to a polular welcome centre or freebie shop or such as you do when starting : )

and some in kitley even when offine i wait they come online and so far none have failed within kitely for me :) which is good i just can not get out anywhere else that is the issue and puzzling me .. :)

Sasha :)
skindup truk

Post by skindup truk »

Hi Sasha,

Please list which worlds work vs. not work? Can you get into the Kitely welcome center?

Can you use the kitely worlds web browser to select a world, then click the link to open firestorm? This usually (somehow by magic) populates the destination when firestorm opens...

The sorts of weird issues you talk about *remind* me of what happens to games (in general) when you have port forwarding and firewall issues... are you experienced with knowing your router has any special setups? are you accessing from a normal ISP or are you behind a corporate / uni / school setup? don't worry too much about this last one, i haven't looked to see if opensim uses special ports, i will let others jump in to correct me if this is a major NON-issue :o

Cheers,
Kurt.
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

skindup truk wrote:Hi Sasha,

Please list which worlds work vs. not work? Can you get into the Kitely welcome center?

Can you use the kitely worlds web browser to select a world, then click the link to open firestorm? This usually (somehow by magic) populates the destination when firestorm opens...

The sorts of weird issues you talk about *remind* me of what happens to games (in general) when you have port forwarding and firewall issues... are you experienced with knowing your router has any special setups? are you accessing from a normal ISP or are you behind a corporate / uni / school setup? don't worry too much about this last one, i haven't looked to see if opensim uses special ports, i will let others jump in to correct me if this is a major NON-issue :o

Cheers,
Kurt.
Hello Kurt;

answer to 1 :) is i can not get to any worlds outside kitely no matter if i put in map or put in address bar i have tried all suggested ones in forum and the ones on the kitely how to page and metropolis is welcome and osgrid etc so no i don't get just basically that map picture i was posting for shelby and then try tp and Crashhhhh in tp ..

2 answer is ) If i am understanding correctly i can go to https://www.kitely.com/search in explore worlds then pick one eg..(i will just pick inspiration Island now press ENTER WORLD blue button to the right its saying ' starting world' and then wait til the world starts. i do not get a ' firestorm pick this as if i clicked a slurl ' when the world starts i just tp instantly when its started up .. and i have arrived at this island i have not been to before so that works..but i do not get the 'choice or viewers e.g firestorm or such if i am logged in i just tp when the world has started up ..

3) I did not set up this computer nor its security but . I have had permission on this line etc to strip lots of it back for ten minutes or so a number of them to make sure it was not the stopping it. one was the anti virus ( in case some exception was stopping it ) another was vpn to make sure it was not that.. apart form disabling the windows firewall I am not sure . a couple of other non descript ones they said would not affect it and were already ' disabled' have left me not knowing what it could be .. i did make sure things like Sl voice and such was ok so far as firewall went... i have no disabled that .... I am not sure what else could be stopping it ( the other 3 are add ware malware and such as i say one is disabled and i have disablead one to see if was that. so only leaves me with firewall..windows.. i am not sure what should be there or allowed that is not ? or such .... .. Open sim has been used on this computer not by me but before i had it but they did not leave their grid ( i asked other day phoned up so i am none the wiser there ) that is about all the information i can give unless a firewall setting or such can be suggested .. I did was FS was saying may stop things like search on websearch which was at a point causing a problem for a number of people to allowe sl voice and such through and exe and that is there in case? even though i do not use that said FS may need for those voice or such set up. so jsut to be sure i did that install. .. i have FS in and singuarlity at present for use and Sl but not using it for only those two files mentioned in FS set up .. i have clean installed the whole things just to make sure as suggested on FS page for that issue in case? )onothign has changed so if it is firewall setting i am not sure what to look for but I still can not tp and have not been on line at same time as shelby who has offered to try to help if am in fworld any help as i say is appreciated as it is going to be difficult a bit as i do nto wish to set up multiple accounts just to see other places at all.. :)

so far as i know there is no special sest up in the modem to the ethernet no special routers or settings or such ..
thanks again for your reply

Sasha