Help with Hypergird Tp'ing from Kitely please.

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Dot Matrix

Re: Help with Hypergird Tp'ing from Kitely please.

Post by Dot Matrix »

Thanks, Sasha, for persisting with this, and for everyone who is trying to help.

With regard to port forwarding and firewall issues, the official Kitely documentation on How to Enter Kitely Virtual Worlds includes the following, which might give some clues more generally of where to look:
Kitely documentation wrote:How do I configure my firewall to allow access to Kitely?

Most users don't need to configure their firewall, so once you have installed an OpenSim-compatible viewer you should try entering a Kitely world immediately (without following the steps in this section). However, if you are unable to enter the world then the problem might be that your Firewall is blocking access to Kitely. This happens with some firewalls that are included in several popular antivirus solutions, and with organization firewalls (if your computer is running inside an organization's network). In that case, you'll need to make sure that your Firewall isn't blocking access to Kitely. You will need to open the following ports (or ask your System Administrator to do so):
  • Ports 8002, 8010, 9000-9100 - TCP and UDP
  • Ports 80 and 443 - TCP (for Web server, HTTP/HTTPS)
If you want to be able to use voice in-world (speak using the microphone, and hear other people), then you also need to open the ports used by Vivox Voice, which is the third-party voice provider that we use. Vivox uses the following ports:
  • Ports 12000-17000 - UDP (for voice media, RTP/RTCP)
  • Ports 5060 and 5062 - UDP (for voice control signals, SIP)
  • Ports 3478 and 3479 - UDP (to aid in setting up voice with NAT, STUN)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Sasha,

Do you have an alternative computer you can use to try this with? Preferably one on a different ISP connection?
Sasha Blake
Has thanked: 0

Post by Sasha Blake »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Sasha,

Do you have an alternative computer you can use to try this with? Preferably one on a different ISP connection?
Hello Mr Ilan Tochner, Unfortunately I do not have an alternative computer I can use a virtual world viewer on .I really do wish I could as it is quite frustrating not being able to test just against if not another computer even plug into a different line for a while but i do think even at a wi-fi hot spot if i unhooked this setup and took this out would have the same problem ( although i have no basis for thinking this I think it seems to be seeming like something in setting or as yo mention firewall or something ) .. But I have to say i am getting to the stage here if there was a third party viewer e.g if Luminya had an open sim set up i would do it just to see what is going on as it is the same for singularity so that tells me yes something is wrong but what .. i do think yes at this stage i would dare try a 3rd party viewer if one worked in O.S I think i would even try it on a phone i am getting that past being able to understand what the problem is.. but yes i am persisting as people are trying to help me.. I have tried exiting as well as disabling the AV and I m on a residential line Ethernet no special set ups for networks however as a lot of add on in security and such were set up for me on this in the set up I have dared do disable most of them if not completely exit and end task in background as well to the point where its all bar the windows firewall running on nothing else to stop it that is what is confusing me..

I will find out how to check the ports that you are saying in need to check out to see if that is the issue. I admit that is one area i am not familiar with but have checked for 'exclusions ' so far as other things Firestorm requires when e.g web searches do not function correctly .. I will look this up tonight and find out what is running on what port and where if anything is odd so far as the list you have given me or looks like other things are taking up the port.
Thank you for your reply I will get on this now tonight and have look up what port is doing what from your list.

Sasha
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

P.s as i say i can get around kitely worlds page ok but to get to metropolis or any other hypergrid that is in the list or has been suggested to me that is the problem .. I have been lucky in that i can at least look around Kitely : )and the worlds and sims built which is good :) but i do wish to TP to other places in the open sim grids...

So i do appreciate the help as It was a large consideration in choosing kitely as well before signing up to other ones and choosing so its nice that people are trying hard to help me out with this problem

Sasha
These users thanked the author Sasha Blake for the post:
Selby Evans
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

re checking ports.. another member suggested i try a port checker i just picked that message up along with your reply here i am using

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3725&p=20814#p20814
online i hope this is satisfactory. .when if and when i find closed ones.. I will have to get them ' opened' by set up person i dont play with ports as most as you say i find just open when needed on installation and close when not being used.. however..

my question may sound silly i am about to put in each port listed in your list :) you kindly sent.
can you please tell me what is the security risk of having these open if other things firestorm etc work without some being open please? eg. ( I only ask as the set up was set up for security for other user as well i share my computer with at times frequently for work things. :) are there any ports in this list i should be aware of that leave this computer open to nasty things or that while open i should be careful of or for e.g will they close after log out ?

silly questions i know but i am not used to open sim and have never had to ' force a port or ask for one open and so far i can see 80 is ok but i can see it says already in second one in your list result that " Port 8002 is closed." so that means i need to get that seen to and maybe more in this list..

Not being high techy at all but having viruses and other person using for ' work things' i would not like to know what i am comprimising as i use things ( i dont mind if i know and will do a google seatch but i do prefer to hear from people that not only use these but have a working knowledge of what they are doing and the risks or not . Thanks again for the help. and any answers : )
:)
These users thanked the author Sasha Blake for the post:
Selby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

If you can connect to Kitely and hear other people when they speak (via voice) then your Firewall is already properly configured for most OpenSim grids.

How much memory does your computer have?

What is the exact error message you get in the viewer when you try to teleport to another grid from inside Kitely?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans
skindup truk

Post by skindup truk »

yeah that was my fault for talking about ports... I grabbed the old tool I used from port-forward and it shows all those opensim ports as "blocked" yet my firestorm works fine. i tend to think the tool is outdated and wrong! :o

i agree that if Kitely works then the other worlds should work too.

obvious question: you do realise that only "hyper-grid enabled" other worlds will work right?! otherwise you need to login with their grid user/pass (my understanding, feel free to correct me). sometimes these are shown as "hg.linktoworld.net:portnum"...

eg. i was trying to get onto the opengrid safari and tried a bunch of worlds with no luck. then i realised i needed to use the HG enabled link, pasted it into the hop:// part of the in-game firestorm address bar at the top, and bam! it worked! note that spaces are ok in the address bar (unlike website addresses where they get converted to "%20" characters).

i'm not 100% confident with my advice, this is just my guess so far... if any elder Kitelians spot some red herrings in my advice, pls feel free to step in and correct me now and in future! :)
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

skindup truk wrote:yeah that was my fault for talking about ports... I grabbed the old tool I used from port-forward and it shows all those opensim ports as "blocked" yet my firestorm works fine. i tend to think the tool is outdated and wrong! :o

i agree that if Kitely works then the other worlds should work too.

obvious question: you do realise that only "hyper-grid enabled" other worlds will work right?! otherwise you need to login with their grid user/pass (my understanding, feel free to correct me). sometimes these are shown as "hg.linktoworld.net:portnum"...

eg. i was trying to get onto the opengrid safari and tried a bunch of worlds with no luck. then i realised i needed to use the HG enabled link, pasted it into the hop:// part of the in-game firestorm address bar at the top, and bam! it worked! note that spaces are ok in the address bar (unlike website addresses where they get converted to "%20" characters).

i'm not 100% confident with my advice, this is just my guess so far... if any elder Kitelians spot some red herrings in my advice, pls feel free to step in and correct me now and in future! :)
I hope i have been doing it correctly i have been copying and pasting verbatum also i have tried to use the LM sent to me inworld by kitely first help reply and that did not work either ..

so the format i have been using is eg as written in forum or sent e.g

hg.osgrid.org:80:lbsa

hop://hg.osgrid.org:80:torino italy1

etc... so now i am wondering if that is correct or not ..

I also last night used SL to make sure the av had the voice and such going through and went in to see old old account if this was ok that seemed ok BUT i did find out the 'websearch and the account' tab is doing the issue that is new to FS on this anyway as i wasnt' useing but it never did it before so far as i can gather at altl so somethign is blocking that. .i have done last night all that was suggested at

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_search_issues

as that suggested to me something is still wrong in FS if SL is having a problem gettig to ' web ' things while people tab and such are all ok.. but the voice and things worked ok on test.. I just have it in for the voice etc set up for singuarity and such . so far whiel i had that working i did all port checks that were listed for me to check and while sl works apart fro mthat websearch and account (eg people. places grups are ok... ) all the ports every single one i typed in both in

(results from http://portchecker.co/check & http://canyouseeme.org/

while sl worked and i went back to FS and still had the websearch slow thing freeze thing on search everythign else worked but the weirdest part is ALL ports listed in the list above from Mr Tochner of me typing in all the numbers singularly at the 2 sites

8002, 8010, 9000 , 9100
80 , 443

12000.17000 ,5060,5062. 3478,3479 - UDP (to aid in setting up voice with NAT, STUN)

Every single one was closed . only 80 was open on first test for a minute or so then on retest going down list of typing on each one were closed so apparetly while sl is working voice and such all the pors are closed so now i have to say i am a little more confused but there is definitly something stopping web' access as while search outside all is normal and in viewers all of tehem i went back to test.. people places etc aok but websearch tab is got an issue of just freezing or staying as it is til relog afer one search and occasionally black so mmm I am not sure now it works in kitely is slow yes for sure but peopel and such is ok but something is wrong i don't know what one thing now that is ? .... as one is working the other is not . I still have to find out what i can get opened by person who set it up as well and what effect that will have but i confess i usualy eg install and they just work and having all other things off i only have the firewall and the ports left really ... to have disabled or end tasked or changed.. but that is as far as i got last night as it got so late .. i got so confused i finished the tests and then all Firesotem suggestions on the above ' search issues page' to see if that was goign to fix the issue. .

now i am wondering if I have done all of the addresses ok or not by copy pasting them all in the map and address bar like that .. Have to say i did nt' think this would be my biggest lack of undersanding of open sim problem :) trying to stay positive :) I make sure o the two lists kitely and hypercerina what is in lists or what is connected or not as i did before joining kitely to make sure i could tp but i am now uncertain if i am doing the addresses correct? as i have been litearly copy and pasting as written here OR i just click on enter kitely worlds and they work find as they are in kitely so . i honestly do nto know in both instances now .. i appreciate the replies as i am trying the best i can to sort this out .. as seems there are few more spanners in the mix now as quick as i am trying to work each out :) ty again for the replies..
Sasha
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

Ilan Tochner wrote:How much memory does your computer have?

What is the exact error message you get in the viewer when you try to teleport to another grid from inside Kitely?

Memory RAM - 16.0 Gb

I do not get any error message i just go to tp via map or address bar or lm that was passed to me for nana's nook and about 8 seconds after tp starts it just kicks/ logs me out . .i get no warning no message just booted out. each time.. so its hard with no message to tell me what might be wrong.. i am sorry i can not answer that question as there is no message given to me just the line goes across starts to tp then CRASH .. gone again ..

Sasha
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

Selby Evans wrote:Simple instructions
Go to Kitely welcome center, get one of the avatars on offer there. Don't wear anything else.
(you don' have to do this regularly. This just makes sure that you have nothing that will stop your travel.)
open your world map and put the HG address below into the find bar
world.narasnook.com:8900
click Find. That grid is almost always working -- If the map finds it, click TP
If this does not work, post what you see on the screen here.

I will try to contact you in Kitely in case you need further help.
I have done as suggested and tried another avi in case of glitch.. It is unfortunately doing the same thing .. Thank you for the messages and trying to tp me as well as the lm's .. I can not work out what the issue is but i do appreciate all the help and time thank you ..