Help with Hypergird Tp'ing from Kitely please.

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Sasha Blake
Has thanked: 0

Help with Hypergird Tp'ing from Kitely please.

Post by Sasha Blake »

Hello :)
I am a new person to Kitely . I have been having no luck at all in Teleporting to other grids . I am using Firestorm Viewer Firestorm 4.7.9 (I also after many attempts downloaded the latest Singularity Viewer and the same problem . What happens is . I put in address as said in url below and I get no error messages I just get kicked from whatever viewer I am using while it tries to tp . Also the maps do not show land in any of the common other places I saw listed to try just blue area. But the addreses are listed. But i tried anyway . with all instructions at below url :)
https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... otections/

I have tried ( as i notice the export on the welcome avatar I picked that 'export' were all not ticked so I tried uploading a CC free skin , a shape made a pair of eyes making sure was ticked Export myself ( and In a last desperate attempt to be absolutely certain (and ready to tp back in a second given & hit 'replace outfit) as the clothes are no Export either and it was greyed out on ones i uploaded xml from zadaroo.on picking up to inventory . So then I actually tried twice to tp with nothing But those 3 export items on me , That was as much as I can risk tp'ing like that even with a quick change. But for a test showed me is not export problem .
Unfortunately I still get the same result no matter the Hypergrid address looks same on map and logged out of viewer after click teleport and no error message. I am really puzzled. I also tried another few addresses from the directory that looked very popular but all look the same on map and log me out with no error on tp just the same.
I do not understand what I could be doing wrong. I am following the directions at above url. Can anyone help me as to what could be causing this please? As I can go nowhere outside Kitely at all for any tours that may come up or such. I don't know what else could be blocking me from teleporting as the page does say we can go outside to those addresses .
Thank you very much for any help anyone can give to help me solve this :)
Sasha
Selby Evans

Re: Help with Hypergird Tp'ing from Kitely please.

Post by Selby Evans »

Simple instructions
Go to Kitely welcome center, get one of the avatars on offer there. Don't wear anything else.
(you don' have to do this regularly. This just makes sure that you have nothing that will stop your travel.)
open your world map and put the HG address below into the find bar
world.narasnook.com:8900
click Find. That grid is almost always working -- If the map finds it, click TP
If this does not work, post what you see on the screen here.

I will try to contact you in Kitely in case you need further help.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

Hello Selby Evans : )

I did exactly as you said and put the generic ' rachel' Avatar from kitely welcome on .. then i put in the map the exact address. I got exactly the same result both on the map and also again when i click TP it in a few seconds as soon as TP starts does the usual log/ kick me out and closes the viewer down i will post a here what i saw exactly .. Thank you for trying to help me almost at wits for hours trying this since after the first night of joining was trying this and still no luck so far .
Attachments
Result of entering address suggested in default avatar ..
Result of entering address suggested in default avatar ..
skindup truk

Post by skindup truk »

i was having trouble until i realised i could goto the address bar in firestorm and copy/paste into the address just after the hop:// part dont mind the spaces either

eg.

Code: Select all

hop://hg.osgrid.org:80:torino italy1
note their grid has to be switched to "HG mode" apparently... hang in there! i had a good time exploring this place on safari viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3726
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I sent you a landmark for Rommena Dock on PMgrid that you might want to try. Beautiful place but can be slow to load.
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

Graham Mills wrote:I sent you a landmark for Rommena Dock on PMgrid that you might want to try. Beautiful place but can be slow to load.

Thank you I am trying to tp now to the lm you sent me in world in a few moments. I hope i can see it no luck so far in tp'ing.. so going to try now :)
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

:cry:
Sasha Blake wrote:
Graham Mills wrote:I sent you a landmark for Rommena Dock on PMgrid that you might want to try. Beautiful place but can be slow to load.

Thank you I am trying to tp now to the lm you sent me in world in a few moments. I hope i can see it no luck so far in tp'ing.. so going to try now :)

:cry: no luck again kicked/logged out same as all tp's but than kyou for the lm when i hopefully can work this out i can have a look at this place :) .. It is very frustrating ..

thank you for replying
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

skindup truk wrote:i was having trouble until i realised i could goto the address bar in firestorm and copy/paste into the address just after the hop:// part dont mind the spaces either

eg.

Code: Select all

note their grid has to be switched to "HG mode" apparently... hang in there! i had a good time exploring this place on safari viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3726
Hello thank you for your reply i have pasted this into the top address bar ( white part top of fs viewer - just making sure that is where you meant after log in rather than location start before log in ) i have pressed enter but I am not sure if it will crash or not still as it ' times out' before it gets to the point of usual ' kick/ log out' part. to get me to

I have tried 4 times so far but no luck in tp'ing .. and tried the example address in url at Os grid still nothing just crashing on tp attempts with address bar paste but that is good to know as i was not aware I could do that ..

thank you for your reply . . :)
Sasha Blake

Post by Sasha Blake »

Selby Evans wrote:Simple instructions
Go to Kitely welcome center, get one of the avatars on offer there. Don't wear anything else.
(you don' have to do this regularly. This just makes sure that you have nothing that will stop your travel.)
open your world map and put the HG address below into the find bar
world.narasnook.com:8900
click Find. That grid is almost always working -- If the map finds it, click TP
If this does not work, post what you see on the screen here.

I will try to contact you in Kitely in case you need further help.

Thank you very much for trying to help me i tried this last night and left screenshot if you need more please let me know as all help is appreciated as I am very very stuck . Today i have 2 more replies below I have tried them also to no luck and just crashing .
I am making sure to stay in all default ' racheal ' Kitely avatar and still being kicked /logged out on tp ..
Thank you for replying and I hope I can resolve his some way .. as it is very frustrating being stuck not being able to interact with tours or hunts or things I am reading about .. while there is much still for me to explore on kitely : ) .... i would and do wish to be able to tp in the grids for eg i missed avatar fest but i would have done that if i could have and been joined up at the time. thank you again and any and all more help or suggestions very welcomed. :)

anythig that could be stopping this or any other information i can give please ask i would love to solve this problem and thank you again for replying so fast to my help message :)
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Sasha-- that map looks just as it should when it has found the place. The TP Click should have taken you there. I will need to contact you inworld to help further.