Unable to rez items in suitcase

Tips and discussions about using OpenSim
Michael Timeless

Unable to rez items in suitcase

Post by Michael Timeless »

Hi
I'm having issues rezzing items from my othergrid Avi's suitcase to my sim. I created the item in one virtual grid, came into Kitely with that avatar and it will not let me rez anything from my suitcase.
I've set the sim to allow both item creation (build) and item entry. I can create a prim with my other grid avi, take it into inventory, and then place it back on the sim. Yet, no other item from my suitcase/object file will rez, irregardless of permissions.

Any suggestions about what I might be doing wrong? I've given the other avi full permissions as well as opening the sim fully.

Mike
These users thanked the author Michael Timeless for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Unable to rez items in suitcase

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mike,

Does it give you an error message or does dragging something to the ground just doesn't do anything visible?

Your own grid's configuration may be blocking access to your inventory from other grids. So you may want to teleport to an OSgrid sandbox and check if you are able to rezz the same items from your My Suitcase there. If you aren't it's more likely that your own grid's configuration is to blame.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Michael Timeless
Michael Timeless

Re: Unable to rez items in suitcase

Post by Michael Timeless »

Ok, don't know why but I went to the OSgrid Sandbox, the item rezzed immediately. I then took the rezzed copy back into inventory, came back to Kitely, and this time the copy of the item rezzed. The original, still wouldn't rez, and ironically the parts of the item returned to my lost and found from OSGrid and they rezzed as well.
Don't know why it worked, but it worked.

Next Saturday, it will be 18 years since I first came into SL and started visiting other grids and I still get amazed from time to time. lol.

Thanks again.
Mike
These users thanked the author Michael Timeless for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerTonia Kara