Add layer instead of wear (Firestorm) not working (FIXED)

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Tocy Sweet

Add layer instead of wear (Firestorm) not working (FIXED)

Post by Tocy Sweet »

[UPDATED]
This issue was fixed with an update. :)

I wear an alpha layer for my shoes and need to wear another alpha layer (or two) for mesh clothing. I use the latest Firestorm for OS viewer (did a clean install today). The option to 'ADD' (when I right-click on the alpha layer in my inventory) is no longer available when in Kitely if I am already wearing one. It is available in SL with the same viewer.

It seems to me that I had that option in Kitely before, but my memory may be playing tricks on me. Is this a bug or by design?
Last edited by Tocy Sweet on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ada Radius

Re: Add layer instead of wear (Firestorm) not working

Post by Ada Radius »

It's a little buggier than iSL, but usually works OK. I'm using the most recent Firestorm for OS in all grids. For costumes I made for the latest vid project, I ended up making a custom alpha for each character to handle all of the mesh attachments. Things that worked OK for me, didn't always for other people using the same viewer. Clearing cache might be the issue if you've gone from SL to Kitely and back - it seemed to be the case for me, but I didn't really test it.
Tocy Sweet wrote:I wear an alpha layer for my shoes and need to wear another alpha layer (or two) for mesh clothing. I use the latest Firestorm for OS viewer (did a clean install today). The option to 'ADD' (when I right-click on the alpha layer in my inventory) is no longer available when in Kitely if I am already wearing one. It is available in SL with the same viewer.

It seems to me that I had that option in Kitely before, but my memory may be playing tricks on me. Is this a bug or by design?
Tocy Sweet

Re: Add layer instead of wear (Firestorm) not working

Post by Tocy Sweet »

I'll try clearing cache again but I jumped into Island Oasis and it's working there as well. Are you able to wear more than one alpha layer?

Edited for update: Clearing cache did not resolve the issue. Thanks for your response, Ada. :)