What am I doing wrong?

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Marstol Nitely

What am I doing wrong?

Post by Marstol Nitely »

More importantly, how do I fix it?

I did an update to one of my products and was getting a demo ready (made the demo copy only). When I rezzed it again parts of it that weren't linked disappeared after I moved it into inventory. I thought, "no, big deal, I'll just re-rez the missing parts from the original and add them to the demo. But when I rezzed the original, the missing parts were missing from it also. I had another version at those parts were missing from it too! Logged off, waited a few and logged back on. Searched inventory, but no go.

When I was updating my product after I uploaded the mesh pieces, I put the item together, deleted the separate pieces, and brought the item in as one piece to help with organization and inventory space. Could that have caused the problem? Is the rest of my item going to disappear? I gave a copy to someone else too. Since it's no longer in my inventory, I'm hoping it won't disappear from theirs?
Ilan Tochner

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Did the product contain some parts that were not created by you Marstol?
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

No Ilan. I created it with my own mouse. It's part of my jukebox which I updated to mostly mesh to cut down on land impact.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Changing your copy of the object shouldn't affect other people's copies.

Have you tried viewing your inventory with another viewer as well? (I want to rule out viewer cache issues)
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Yes, I viewed it with Singularity too. I also cleared my cache. Tried a search and various other things before posting here. It disappeared from my inventory completely. Not just with the "demo" that I was working with, but with the two other variations I had in my inventory. I could just load those particular parts up again, retexture them and add them back to my inventory. They aren't particularly complex parts. My concern is that this is something I want to update on the market and I have no idea why those parts disappeared. I'd hate to sell one to someone and have it happen to them.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please try to repeat the exact same scenario you did previously to see if the problem is reproducible.
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

I tried to repeat the exact scenario to the best of my memory. Everything is in inventory and I'm happy with the results. So I'm going to assume it was something I did by accident, hope I don't repeat it and move forward.

BTW - I realized after my original post that I was probably posting in the wrong category, but wasn't sure how or where to move the post and didn't have time to mess with it, so I left it here. Thanks for helping me anyway! :D
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post:
Ilan Tochner