Problem with Group Invitations

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Freda Frostbite

Problem with Group Invitations

Post by Freda Frostbite »

Not at all sure where to put this. Might be worlds support, might be viewers support.

I sent out some group invites this morning to people in my friends list I thought might like to hear details about upcoming events. I invited then to join my group, Freda's Place. One was inworld at the time, but the invite notice went directly to her email. The other saw the notice in her email and came inworld. Neither had received the invites inworld at all and, of course, there is no way to accept the invitation. I know that invitations worked fine a week or so ago. Not sure when it quit working, but thought I should say something. People are able to search for my group, find it, and join. It also works when folks click the join group board in my world. I hope I have given enough detail to be helpful.

Freda/Steph
Handy Low

Re: Problem with Group Invitations

Post by Handy Low »

For information, I received the notification by email (thanks Freda!) and when I logged in later today the join dialog was waiting for me. So it is working sometimes at last.
Handy Low
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Freda,

In order for us to be able to find the relevant data in our logs we'll need to know:
1) The identities of the avatars you tried to invite and failed.
2) The group you tried to invite them to.
3) The time when you did so in UTC (as shown in the forums).
4) The worlds you and those users where in when that happened.

Can you please provide us with that information?
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I have seen instances of invitations not working for someone elsewhere but working for the same person when he came to the same sim. Maybe that is a clue. SE.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

just a [possibly unneeded, unwanted, and ignored...but I will do it anyway] clarification...

I might be one of those Freda is referring to [if not, forgive my silly intrusion] and I had gone in when I got an offline for the group invite.

It is possible, if this is the case, that in my haste to accept it, I may have misworded what actually happened, in my conversation with her.

If so, while I can still click my 2 remaining brain cells together in what is likely, still, not sufficient, I got that offline invite notice, came in, saw the notice in my viewer and accepted it....as normally happens.

So, I, personally saw no issue....regards and salutations and cheers and Lechayim!!

Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Freda Frostbite

The group was Freda's Place. Miney was indeed one of the folks involved and it appears I misunderstood what she said. The person who was inworld and did not get the invite was Ami. Everyone who was offline at the time appears to have gotten the invitations and been able to respond when they came inworld. This was yesterday morning, BTW.
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Freda Frostbite

Oh and I was in Poesy at the time. I have no clue what precise time it was, sometime morning of 4/25.