database problems?

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Ada Radius

Re: database problems?

Post by Ada Radius »

THANK YOU OREN
This is what I did after the mentor's meeting yesterday and thinking about the comments and suggestions:

Uninstalled Phoenix_Firestorm-Release_4-3-1-31155_SetupOS.exe, cleaned it off my drives, defragged etc.

Installed Imprudence-1.4.0-beta-2-(SSE2-optimized).exe and DolphinViewer3-i686-Windows-3.3.24.24816.exe (the last version compatible with OS grids), making sure that I only have Talk configured on Dolphin, as I know from experience that Imprudence does globally bad things to headset and mic settings.

Imprudence was still good, though crashy, for xml imports, but pretty bad for seeing sculpt maps and rezzing newly applied skin and eye textures. I doinked around with it for a while, then switched to Dolphin, where I was able to upload and make a bunch of eyes and shapes. WOOT. It lagged out after a few each time (saving OK, but still rezzing the previous texture), but that's a huge improvement. I'll work on skins and tat layers this morning - maybe I can reduce my graphics settings even more while I bring textures inworld and apply them, and that'll help. I did not get the database error message, except on the items I had made earlier, and I'll just delete those and start over.

Happy dance! What we need is a good viewer for builders, of course, compatible with OS grids. Iain McCracken, at one point, thought about building one in modules, but there's no money in it, at least not yet, unless we found some grant money.

THANK YOU everyone for all the help.
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

meh, I spoke too soon. I logged in, and the shapes I made yesterday: "Failed to find body part named xxx in the database."
It's a work in process, I know that. There is an answer or workaround, there must be.
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Thanks for the update. I've got some logs now, and I'll analyze them.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post:
Adagio Greenwood
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Thank you Oren! I got in last night, and got some skins and eyes made using Imprudence, no problems but lag after I'm not sure how many items. If I wanted to build and put a script and/or animations in a prim (posing stand for snapshots), I had to switch to Dolphin, and that went OK too. So I may have a viable workflow nearly figured out. :D
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post:
Adagio Greenwood
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

I've looked at the logs, and was able to find another possible problem. It happened only occasionally, which is why you didn't see it all the time. We updated the server today with a fix for this problem. Please keep creating assets, as the logs are still enabled on your world and they have proved to be very useful!
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Thank you Oren! (AGAIN)
He fixed more stuff a couple of hours ago, the weather improved markedly and I turned into a voracious uploader.
Happy cloud dance WOOT
:D
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post:
Mykyl Nordwind