database problems?

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Ada Radius

database problems?

Post by Ada Radius »

I love the upload speeds for textures, but when I'm using them to construct skins and eyes I'm running into problems. One new skin or eye of each per session creates with no problem. The second and subsequent either won't save, or if I keep hacking until it does, when I next log in, I get the error message: "Failed to find body part named xxx in the database". I'm having similar problems with shapes, but not as bad.

Another problem is that avatar attachments aren't remembering their attachment points when I detach and reattach.

Any suggestions? These are deal breakers for me - if I can only create one skin and eye per login, I'll never get all two hundred up by the end of March. And I can't sell attachments that don't remember their attachment point nor orientation.

TYTY for help if anyone knows what to do.
Ada
Ilan Tochner

Re: database problems?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ada,

What viewer (and version) were you using when you encountered these problems?
Dot Macchi

Post by Dot Macchi »

I've been regularly getting a similar message:
Failed to find clothing named New Socks in the database.
This is with Firestorm v4.3.1.31155 for the Mac.

Experimenting (in case it helps): I've just deleted any "New Socks" outfit links and then the actual New Socks, and after that emptied Inventory Trash. Then I logged out of Firestorm, and re-logged (before the world I was in had shut down). Yippee! No message! But No Socks to wear...
These users thanked the author Dot Macchi for the post:
Adagio Greenwood
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dot,

You can find free socks here: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Mar ... eebie-Mall

The viewer sometimes has inventory caching problems. Clearing the inventory cache can help. Unfortunately just clearing history doesn't clear that cache, you have to manually go the the right directory on your hard drive and delete the files it contains.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Adagio GreenwoodMarstol Nitely
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Poor Dot. Placed all those nice, free clothes out for us and now her feet are cold! ;)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Just to let you know we're investigating this issue in order to see what can be done to eliminate it.

We found that this is a known issue that happens in both Second Life and OpenSim-based grids. The message you get is from the viewer not the server and it occurs when the viewer database becomes corrupt for some reason.

We can't fix people's viewers so we're investigating whether there is something we can do on the server-side to reduce the likelihood of this happening in the viewer.

We'll let you know if/once there are any additional things to report.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Marstol Nitely
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

We updated the system today with some fixes that may help solve this problem. See: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... rovements/

Please let us know if this update has made a difference.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post:
Marstol Nitely
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

I uninstalled all of my viewers and deleted all of their folders, including everything in the AppData folders - I'm running Win7. Then I defragged (Phoenix is a pig), repaired registry, etc., rebooted yada, and did a clean reinstall of Phoenix_Firestorm-Release_4-3-1-31155_SetupOS.exe. I'm still getting the error message "Failed to find clothing named xxx in the database" where xxx = whatever the first clothing name that failed to load, whether I am trying to load clothing, skin, hair, eyes, tat or alpha. Shapes are loading fine - no texture there.
It has improved a little, in that if I manage to get a clothing or body part loaded, it will load again, despite the error message.
At this rate it might be July before I can get 200 avatar items uploaded and working.
Attachments are still dicey - prims missing, often, when I log in and attach them. But it's remembering attachment points better.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

it's an sl conspiracy!! I tell ya, it is!!!-)) good luck tho...
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

I have enabled additional logging in the world "Elbow". Please keep working there, and then I will check the logs to try and understand what's happening.