Ask technical support questions about other topics
Freda Frostbite

Re: Avatar Time-Out Issue

Post by Freda Frostbite »

I think a script that just says something like, "We are 25 minutes into this event. If you have not moved your avatar or typed something in your Kitely viewer in that time, please do so now to avoid being kicked by the Kitely boot."

Ok maybe it could say something a little less obnoxious than that. But you get my point. If it said something at 25 minute intervals for the duration of the event, that would be good. It would also be nice if it did something that made a louder noise than the the little click I hear when Kitely sends its "Are you still here?" message.

Is that possible in a script?
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

ANYthing is possible in a script!! well...
Freda then, you are asking for a visual cue and an audible cue.. that should be do-able, though may not cover everyone depending on their activity and their sound settings...
But on the visual side a script can easily blank the entire screen briefly... like a bright green flash or a total black out of the users screen for a couple of moments. I use this very effect in certain stories, and could easily script it

Also, I guess I should test this instead of asking.. but would an Avatar taking hit point damage reset their own time-out counter? If so, you could set your land to damage enabled, and then a script could be made to just whack everyone nearby with an HP or two every 25 minutes... then regardless of where they are they'd still be 'active'... sounds too easy though... that's what i get for thinking out loud.
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Freda Frostbite
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

oh, great idea!!

These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
Freda FrostbiteShandon Loring
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

It looks like Kitely has been listening...

New Kitely Market Homepage and Increased Idle Timeout
Oren wrote:Increased Idle Timeout for World Managers and Premium Account Members

Kitely automatically disconnects avatars who have been idle in-world for 30 minutes. This ensures that worlds don’t keep running indefinitely if you forget to close your viewer. However, we’ve received complaints that sometimes this timeout is too short. That’s especially a problem for builders, who might be working in Blender for a while and then return to the viewer to find that they’ve been disconnected, and have to login again.

We’ve therefore decided to increase this timeout to 2 hours for world managers in their own world, as well as for all users who have a Premium Account (even when they visit other peoples’ worlds). This will eliminate timeouts in the most common cases: people who are building their world, or are actively using their world but not moving (e.g., using voice).
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Min Tigerpaw