Media on Prim

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Spiral Silverstar

Re: Media on Prim

Post by Spiral Silverstar »

Cool, Min. I am looking forward to it! :-)

Constance, sorry I haven't been on the forums of late, but follow the link to see what I would Really like in Kitely. I know that is too much to ask for, however. lol

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Da ... s-Go/42726
These users thanked the author Spiral Silverstar for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Spiral Silverstar wrote:Meanwhile, I am Still searching for a decent *Media Player* (NOT media on a prim) for Opensim. I saw a great one in OSgrid, contacted the creator about buying a copy... and got no reply. If anyone has one, or knows where to get one....PLEASE contact me directly. Thanks!
Hi Spiral,
finally I'm coming close to finish my player - have a look at the features so far (you can do so @ my DemoZone - link below). I'd like your view on the functionality.
(I certainly can't compete with the scope of the Demani Player in SL - that you pointed out - but it's a start at least)
http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Min ... T-DemoZone
After a final touch (hopefully with some input from the community) it will be available as of Jan 5th.

Cheers
Min
onyxty delta

Post by onyxty delta »

Sean Andrews wrote:Nevermind... I figured it out!!! just had to check some options in preferences under audio and video. Thanks again for your help
Do you recall the required settings in your viewer? I'm having the same problem no matter which viewer I'm in, but others looking at the same prim do not experience the problem.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

In Firestorm I'm guessing it's under Preferences, Sound & Media tab, enable the media slider; if on a trusted region enable the first two options to autoplay media and play media from scripts. You may also have the option to enable the media filter which will give you the option to play from a particular host. On an untrusted region you could control play via the Play button at the top right of the client. Hover over that and select More>>> and the available media are listed in a panel and you can play them from there. Can you see the media in a normal web browser?
Virtual Professor wrote:
Sean Andrews wrote:Nevermind... I figured it out!!! just had to check some options in preferences under audio and video. Thanks again for your help
Do you recall the required settings in your viewer? I'm having the same problem no matter which viewer I'm in, but others looking at the same prim do not experience the problem.