Kitely Market Export Problems

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Oren Hurvitz

Re: Kitely Market Export Problems

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Hi Gaga,

Something in your grid is misconfigured: users that aren't Talla Adam don't seem to exist. At any rate, when we query the grid about them, it says that it doesn't know these users.

I have boiled it down to a single HTTP request that shows the difference between querying for Talla Adam (success) and other users (failure):

1. Successful Query

Code: Select all

curl -d '<methodCall><methodName>get_uui</methodName><params><param><value><struct><member><name>targetUserID</name><value><string>642c4981-79eb-4ce1-a699-a91ea972ea96</string></value></member><member><name>userID</name><value><string>00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000</string></value></member></struct></value></param></params></methodCall>' http://farworldz.net:8002/

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><methodResponse><params><param><value><struct><member><name>UUI</name><value><string>642c4981-79eb-4ce1-a699-a91ea972ea96;http://farworldz.net:8002/;Talla Adam</string></value></member></struct></value></param></params></methodResponse>
2. Failed Query

Code: Select all

curl -d '<methodCall><methodName>get_uui</methodName><params><param><value><struct><member><name>targetUserID</name><value><string>5db2ba36-c01b-4c0a-9384-4e675958a50c</string></value></member><member><name>userID</name><value><string>00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000</string></value></member></struct></value></param></params></methodCall>' http://farworldz.net:8002/

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><methodResponse><params><param><value><struct><member><name>result</name><value><string>User unknown</string></value></member></struct></value></param></params></methodResponse>
Notice that in the failed query, the result is "User unknown".

This is a different error than the one we told you about previously (that the server wasn't sending ServerURLs). Unfortunately, this problem is even more severe: now the server doesn't even acknowledge that these users exist.

One possibility is that the process used to add users doesn't add them correctly: either they're not "activated" (whatever that means), or they're not enabled for Hypergrid. Please try to investigate that. Create your own users; login to your grid with them; and teleport to Kitely. Does that work?

If all else fails, my suggestion would be to start with a fresh copy of Robust, perhaps from the Diva Distribution. I assume that a fresh copy of Robust would have Hypergrid configured to work correctly, and a working copy of Wifi for creating users. If you do this then start out with users with different names from what you actually want, so that you won't get the dreaded "Grid URI has changed" error. If these alternative users work, then it would be time to bring in the "real" users.
Gaga Gracious

Post by Gaga Gracious »

Thank you Oren

I don't really know what is wrong but I did more tests and, with a new avatar, Sally Lane I have been able to buy and send products from Kitely MP with no problems now. With the same avatar I HG teleported to my Kitely region and back with no problem too. So, to confirm this I created one more avatar, Myra Sky and HG teleported her to my Kitely region and back again to Farworldz. No issues but you can check your logs to see how they are performing.

I'm not getting any issues on my grid in general either. My avatars can teleport around, create groups, make friends, build, etc, etc. I'm running the official OS 8.1 release with Diva Wifi. The only thing I seem to have a problem with apart from my initial problems getting Kitely MP exports is that I don't get the welcome splash screen in the viewer but I do get all the Wifi pages on a web browser.

This may be storing up trouble for down the road but it has taken me so much time get OS installed in Grid Mode I'm reluctant to start again at the moment. I might just end up having my grid services hosted and use my server to connect regions. I don't know. I don't want to trust it all to a host either really. It's a shame Kitely don't offer grid services, I would trust you for that. But hey ho. It seems ok right now.

Thank you for all you help and time. I can now at least get export content from the market. ;)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Okay Gaga, please let us know if there is anything else you need. :-)
Allen Partridge

Post by Allen Partridge »

I fear that I've accidentally done this to several avatars from p0qp0q.com - I'm able to HG teleport to other OS worlds, but not to kitely. I was able to get market deliveries from Kitely - but after swapping servers and restoring the database, I'm unable to get market deliveries from Kitely market.
Check out Virtually Human Builders Guides and Metaverse Ideas Center in Kitely: [url]hop://osgrid.kitely.com:8002/Virtually%20Human/119/31/23[/url] or visit my YouTube Channel to see what's happening in Virtual Worlds [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/virtuallyhuman/[/youtube]
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Allen,

Is your Grid URI still http://www.p0qp0q.com:9000 ?
Allen Partridge

yes. same address. i just reassigned the IP in AWS EC2 using route 53 from the old server to the new one.
Check out Virtually Human Builders Guides and Metaverse Ideas Center in Kitely: [url]hop://osgrid.kitely.com:8002/Virtually%20Human/119/31/23[/url] or visit my YouTube Channel to see what's happening in Virtual Worlds [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/virtuallyhuman/[/youtube]
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

What was the Time To Live on the old domain name definition? If it was high it's possible that the old domain name configuration is still cached.
Allen Partridge

Looks like the TTL on the nameservers defaults to 48 hours. So I suspect that you are right. Also noted that the hypergridding now works but still can't do market deliveries. I'll try it again tomorrow - suspect your hunch here is right - the nameservers haven't fully updated.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please let me know if the issue hasn't resolved itself after the 48 hours have passed.
Allen Partridge

sadly still no love from the market. Transactions fail with the message:

Failed to communicate with the server.

for all avatars on p0qp0q.com:9000

Server is a standalone d2, running on Ubuntu Trusty, 64 bit in AWS EC2. FQDN should now be redirecting from everywhere.

Transactions were working on a prior installation.
I am able to HG Teleport into Kitely.
I am able to pickup / receive inventory items within Kitely and they are retained once back in poqpoq.

One other possibly related symptom is that my 'friendship' with my Kitely version of myself doesn't appear in friends in p0qp0q any longer. I am able to IM with myself, though it appears that messages p0qp0q sends go both ways, (are viewable in p0qp0q IM viewer) and messages sent from Kitely appear in p0qp0q, messages sent from p0qp0q to kitely avatar IM, don't arrive in the kitely av's IM box.

My only other symptom has been a failure to connect to search - which reports when the server launches. (500 error.) But that error has been there since before the server switch. (If anyone recognizes it - feel free to share your thoughts,) but i don't think it's relevant to this issue.

Tia,

Allen