Kitely Market Export Problems

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Allen Partridge

Re: Kitely Market Export Problems

Post by Allen Partridge »

The more i think about it - the more i think it might be somehow related to my HG settings in poqpoq. I'll dig around and see if there is anything online about it...
Check out Virtually Human Builders Guides and Metaverse Ideas Center in Kitely: [url]hop://osgrid.kitely.com:8002/Virtually%20Human/119/31/23[/url] or visit my YouTube Channel to see what's happening in Virtual Worlds [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/virtuallyhuman/[/youtube]
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Okay, please keep us updated and let us know if you have any questions .
Allen Partridge

Still no love. The odd thing is it that it only seems to be impacted in marketplace delivery. I can HG in and out of various worlds - and can go in and out of kitely.

The one other symptom is that friends from kitley was working - but seemed to stop working with the update.

anything in the error logs that might help narrow it down?
Check out Virtually Human Builders Guides and Metaverse Ideas Center in Kitely: [url]hop://osgrid.kitely.com:8002/Virtually%20Human/119/31/23[/url] or visit my YouTube Channel to see what's happening in Virtual Worlds [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/virtuallyhuman/[/youtube]
Allen Partridge

Okay - can you check the err logs on your end. It just won't crack on this side. I'm wondering if you may have been right the first time - some kind of cached reference to the old ip? At the very least the error logs on the marketplace server should provide a little more info about why it doesn't want to connect.

The errors are a little inconsistent - not sure why. Most of the time it just says ... Failed to Communicate with the server. Some say ... Avatar not found with a UUID string, and still others have said - Avatar not found "Unknown" at poqpoq.

On a potentially related note - i was trying to diagnose what might be wrong with the messaging between p0qp0q and Kitely.

Messages sent into Kitely get the reply - unable to send message (user is busy).
Messages sent from Kitely - come through, but the username is removed - so they come with a wierd placeholder string. Oddly the profile icon still appears in the IM box for the correct messaging avatar.

Meanwhile in kitely my friends list remembers my hypergrid friends from poqpoq, but ... while it shows friends from the original poqpoq grid as username@www.p0qp0q.com:9000 it shows the new avatars by just their name - the hg address has been stripped.

Back in poqpoq the friendship didn't seem to hold for the kitely av. - but if i check in the mysql database - i clearly have the friendship defined, so this leads me to believe that p0qp0q can't resolve avatar id's in kitely.

I'd be grateful for any insights.

--Allen
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Hi Allen,

We had trouble connecting to your server, but I think that's been fixed now. I specifically tested the user 'poqpoq guru': is there any other user that you're testing with? In any case, please try again now and let us know if the problem persists.
Allen Partridge

Don't know if I did it or you guys did- but marketplace delivery is working again.

will test hg from kitely later
These users thanked the author Allen Partridge for the post:
Serene Jewell
Allen Partridge

All resolved. HG is working, friends are persisting, delivery is working.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Great, please let us know if there is anything else you need.