Kitely Market Export Problems

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Gaga Gracious

Kitely Market Export Problems

Post by Gaga Gracious »

Issue 1. I just got the code for my grid, Farworldz.net:8002 and it accepted the grid fine. But every local character name I try to use the MP system says it can't find. No spelling mistakes, all double checked. I even created a new name and tried that. Not recognized and yet the grid has been.

Issue 2. I found that items which I bought from Ozwell Wayfarer as copy/mod/export don't allow copy. I even bought the pack again and still no copy permitted. I tested other items from OHM and those too didn't allow copy. The only thing I have done is re-texture the items with my own textures.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Kitely Market Export Problems

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Gaga,

You already had a Farworldz grid defined (farworldz.ddns.net:9100) which may be causing a confusion. Please open the shopping cart gird manager and delete all the entries for Farworldz. After you do that, switch the Deliver To option to "My Kitely Avatar" and then back to "Other Avatar". Now that it should forget any association it had with any one of the Farworldz definitions, add the new Farworldz URI again and test with a known avatar name on that grid.

Please try copying the item before modifying it in any way.

How are you trying to copy the item? (inside your inventory? after it is rezzed?)
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

This is not very helpful but I vaguely recall Copy issues with one of Ozwell's kits previously.
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

Graham Mills wrote:This is not very helpful but I vaguely recall Copy issues with one of Ozwell's kits previously.
In past cases I have overlooked things like perms on scripts. Which tended to cause people a few issues. Now I just make all scripts full perm. Oh! And I ballsed up a freebie a couple of times too :). Thats a fair cop.

In this case though all the items are correctly listed as C/M and the scripts and textures as C/M/T, so it mst be an issue somewhere else this time. Sorry I cant offer more help Gaga :( . Hopefully the Kitely team can figure it out.
Gaga Gracious

Post by Gaga Gracious »

Okay, the farworldz.ddns.net was set for my old standalone which I have replaced now with a grid mode version and my own domain name, farworldz.net:8002 as you noted. The old OS version was 8.0 and the setup code never arrived (got a blank note card) so I thought that had not been recognized. I didn't see the url in the list anyway but I will clear grids are there and start again.

The copy/mod/export item I tried to copy had been rezzed so I could re-textured, yes. But I have put a copy in Suit case folder now and rezzed it okay at farworldz so I understand that now, thanks
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

My "odd" experience iirc was being able to shift-copy inworld but not being allowed to Take Copy even though that option was enabled on the rightclick menu in Firestorm. Mind you, the object had been retextured and doubtless mixed with all kinds of third-party textures so not a fair reflection of the original kit. Of course, if you can shift-copy you can then Take and get a copy anyway. Perms have always been a mystery to me :roll:
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Shandon Loring
Gaga Gracious

Post by Gaga Gracious »

Okay, I have cleared and replaced the url with farworldz.net:8002 which it accepted fine. I tried a purchase that sends an export to farworldz in the name of talla Adam which is the name I have both at Kitely and registered at farworldz. It said it couldn't find that user for farworldz. So I change to my Admin User name which is unique to my grid (I don't have that name at Kitely) and I got this error: Avatar not found: 5db2ba36-c01b-4c0a-9384-4e675958a50c @ farworldz.net:8002.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Did you follow my instructions exactly as stated Gaga?

1) Delete all the existing custom grid entries for your grid.
2) Delete the avatar name from the Avatar Name field.
2) Change the Deliver To option to "My Kitely Avatar".
3) Change the Deliver To option back to "Other Avatar".
4) Create a new grid entry for your grid and select it.
5) Type in the name of an avatar on that gird.
Gaga Gracious

Post by Gaga Gracious »

Yes Ilan, I followed that exactly and did it again to be sure and I get the same error for Admin User.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We looked at the server logs and found a few things that may explain the problems you're encountering:
1) Your grid definition contains "GatekeeperURI http://188.138.89.32:8002" it should be "GatekeeperURI http://farworldz.net:8002/".
2) The avatar you're trying to deliver to is already known (via its UUID) as belonging to a different grid. We've deleted that avatar from our database which should help remove that block.

Please change the grid configuration as stated above and try to deliver a purchase to the Talla Adam avatar on your grid.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Gaga Gracious