Items show another person as the creator

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Isis Ophelia

Items show another person as the creator

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Ilan, a while back (maybe 2 months ago) I exported my iddesigns region as an OAR to save to my PC. I restored the OAR in my standalone grid. This PC grid I use only locally and has never been online. Somewhen I added many new items to a sky platform and re-uploaded the OAR to Kitely to save me time uploading one by one.

Since I restored the OAR to my Kitely region, the items have been on the sky platform for weeks. Last week I wanted to continue working on a pair of shoes and there I noticed that all those new items show Gemini Fullmoon as the creator of them. This is strange as I have never used such avatar name. I went to check in my standalone if the items there already showed that name as the creator, but no, they all show me as the creator.

When I right click on 1 of the items and Edit it to open the Profile of the name Gemini Fullmoon, the profile is empty, but shows an UUID. I have no idea why these items show that name. What should I do?
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ilan Tochner

Re: Items show another person as the creator

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

The first person to upload a particular unassociated asset into Kitely becomes its creator in our system. If someone else later uploads the same asset, that asset will get the original uploader as its creator.

In your case, Gemini Fullmoon uploaded the assets in question before you did which is why she is listed as their creator.
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

that is impossible Ilan, because for example one of the boots pair, it's unique. It is set together from 3 or 4 suppliers pieces. Such boots has no one in this form. There must be another reason.

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

The boots themselves might not have been uploaded into Kitely previously but their component assets (e.g. textures) have been. Please give me the full path in your inventory to said boots so I can review that particular example.
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Ilan all those items, except 2 mesh dresses, have been and are still in the sky platform. I had not had the time to care of them and never picked them up to my Inventory.

That another creator has bought material at exactly from the same 3 (or 4 I cant recall) creators in SL would be such casuality.

I will be loging to kitely and send you the LM to my sky platform. I want also to upload 1-2 of those items manually and check which creator they show.

Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Ilan I just uploaded manually one of the items in question. It shows creator it's me. So seems only the OAR upload has assigned them to Gemini Fullmoon

Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

This sounds like the "Unknown User" UUID bug that later got an avie name -- "Gemini Fullmoon". Ozwell has seen this happen too.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Ozwell Wayfarer
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

Yep that happened to me a while ago. A pathway set and my "country road kit".

We could not come to any real conclusion about what happened. Only that it may have somehow been caused by uploading the items via OAR.

For example, if you use sim on a stick, your avatar will likely be called "Simona Stick" and have a UUID. That UUID will be remembered in the OAR file, but when you upload the OAR to Kitely your avi is called something different and has a different UUID. So the "creator" will show as whoever had the UUID of your SOAS avi here in Kitely. In this case "Gemeni Fullmoon". I believe this is probably what happened to me.

If you made your OAR anywhere other than here, your present avi here will not share its UUID with your avis elsewhere. At least, thats my understanding of it.
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

I do have a local standalone opensim. I do not use sim-on-a-stick. I use diva to have full control over my name, uuid etc. I even have given my local avatar the same uuid as my Kitely avatar to avoid complications when uploading my OARs to Kitely.

To avoid uuid mixmatches I always save my oars with the flag: --publish. When uploading an oar saved with that flag, all items coming with the oar will be assigned to the Estate /Region owner.

No, I know now how this happenened. End of last year after I came from my vacation I dowloaded my store oar from Kitely to my PC. As I uploaded the kitely oar to my standalone grid and login to it I suddendly had the name Gemini Fullmoon over my head. I wondered, but at that point I had no explanation for that. I just cleaned cache and reloged. My Isis Ophelia showed again over my avatar.

I added some new items and saved the oar again. I must have forgotten to use the ---publish flag. I uploaded the oar in Kitely. Got busy and had no time to care of my Kitely region or products. Until last month I wanted to pick up the 90 items on the sky platform and noticed that all items showed Gemini Fullmoon as the creator. Also some boxed products inside the store showed her as the creator.

Ilan mentioned that Kitely assigns uploaded items in an oar to the creator who has uploaded the same items before. BUT one of the items was a prim I created on my standalone. Inside I inserted the textures I had made from scratch in my graphic program. Those textures are unique and had not been before in the Kitely system. But the box and the textures inside it showed Gemini Fullmoon as their creator.

That irritated me.

In the meantime I got a new pc and set opensim diva on it from scratch. I had an older oar version of my store which had not been in Kitely before. I uploaded it to the new diva. Checked the creator's name of the items on the sky platform. All showed me. Added the new products and saved the oar. This time I used --publish when saving it.

Just today I uploaded that "clean" oar to Kitely and the 90 items in the sky platform show me as the creator.

Thank you all for your replies and comments :)

I guess it will not be possible to explain how her name came to my products. So for now I am closing this thread.