Profile problems

Ask technical support questions about other topics
phacelia Furse
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Profile problems

Post by phacelia Furse »

I seem to have problems with my profile. Can it be reset, maybe?

With Singularity (both 32- and 64-bit version), they crash immediately when I'm trying to open my own profile (other avatars profiles open ok).
With Firestorm (64-bit), it doesn't crash, but it is hanging (a cogwheel is spinning, never stopping) on three of the tabs: (2nd Life, Web, 1st Life). I can therefore not see any old input or edit these three tabs. The other tabs I seem to be able to edit.

I tried in Kitely Welcome Center, but also in another world with the same problems.

I logged in to OSgrid with both Singularity and Firestorm: Profiles working perfect.

I had a friend who made a new account in Kitely just now, and logged in with Singularity 64-bit, using my PC. He had no problems opening up his profile.
grid.kitely.com:8002:Sputnik
Pixellada Com

Re: Profile problems

Post by Pixellada Com »

There is a problem with your profile and that is server side issue probably. I tried to open profile of yours and it is loading. The other profiles I can see without problems.
I guess you don't prefer to create a new avatar.
Harbour City - come, see, stay.
phacelia Furse

Post by phacelia Furse »

Thanks for confirming!
Yes, I think it must be server side too. Hopefully it can be fixed/reset :)
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I have seen problems like this before--the most common cause I have seen reported is an invalid character in some entry. I think you are right--the only solution is a reset or deletion of the profile. But which profile? I checked your profile in the Kitely forums, and it loads without problem.

If this is your SL profile, it is on the SL servers, so you have to get help from SL.
phacelia Furse

Post by phacelia Furse »

Selby Evans wrote:But which profile? I checked your profile in the Kitely forums, and it loads without problem.

If this is your SL profile, it is on the SL servers, so you have to get help from SL.
Not forum, and not SL. It is when I try to open my own profile from the viewer when I am logged into Kitely. Then the viewer either crashes immediately when using Singularity, or the profile is hanging when using Firestorm.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I tested and got the same result -- Firestorm goes into perpetual load mode. Looks as if you need Ilan to clear it.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Phacelia,

Have you made any changes to your profile or is it the default one you got when you created your Kitely account?

If you made any changes, did you type them into the viewer manually or did you copy/paste them from somewhere else into the viewer?
phacelia Furse

Post by phacelia Furse »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Have you made any changes to your profile or is it the default one you got when you created your Kitely account?
It is over 2 years since I made my Kitely account, and I am most certain I made changes to it then, because that is normally one of the first things I do with a new avatar in a virtual world.
Ilan Tochner wrote:If you made any changes, did you type them into the viewer manually or did you copy/paste them from somewhere else into the viewer?
I am afraid my memory has faded too much in two years to answer that. I might have copied some text, but I really can't say neither yes nor no.

Edit: I have hardly been in Kitely since I made my account, except for the last few weeks when I became aware of my profile problems.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Okay, I'll see if we can clear your profile so you can reenter it.
phacelia Furse

Post by phacelia Furse »

That would be great and very appreciated! :)