TP loses Voice...

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Arton Tripsa

TP loses Voice...

Post by Arton Tripsa »

I keep on losing my voice - but this it only occurs when I do a ‘double click’ on the mini map or the world map to go somewhere, or when I double click on the land to TP somewhere -I can reproduce this quite reliably and it happens when the world is set to either OED or Bullet. No one else with me, (usually about 3 other people) using the same viewer, Firestorm, and doing the same double click TP’s, has the same problem. Their voices all stay intact. When it happens I can’t be heard and I can’t hear anyone else…I have to relog each time. And btw my computer is considerably more powerful than theirs - but … I am in Australia not the USA.

Any suggestions what I can do to stop this? (I never had this problem in SL. btw with Vivox , sorry to mention this, but it may be relevant, lol, and I was still in Australia then). Anyone having this problem when they TP?- it’s hard to get around a 16 region world just by flying, lol :-)
Ilan Tochner

Re: TP loses Voice...

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Arton,

Does this happen in worlds of all sizes or just in big ones? (i.e. 2x2, 3x3, or 4x4 region sized worlds)
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

I occasionally have this issue hypergating into Kitely ( Seanchai ). I found in firestorm there is a refresh for voice found in the sound & media tab/voice settings. I don't know if other viewers have this but it works great.
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansShandon Loring
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I have run into this problem from time to time, and not just into Kitely. I believe I have run into it in returning to KWC. I have seen it less often in recent months, perhaps with the newer Firestorm beta.
Arton Tripsa

Post by Arton Tripsa »

It has only happened in my 16 region Advanced world. I did test it yesterday in my 9 region world and my 1 region world and there was no problem there at all. When I just had a 4 region world I never encountered it. Basically, when it does happen, the only fix is to relog. Resetting voice in prefs does not help it. I usually have to do this at least 2-3 + times a day. I have not tried the new Firestorm beta, perhaps I should?
Thanks for your time :-)
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

On further current testing:
I get this (in Firestorm) at KWC (maybe elsewhere, have not tested)
Don't log off. Hover cursor over the speaker (upper right)
Sound channel control panel will appear.
Toggle voice off and on. That fixes it for me.