Region "border"

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Kitty Steamweaver

Region "border"

Post by Kitty Steamweaver »

I've been playing with my terrain, and when I lower the terrain, so that it's all underwater, there's a narrow border of terrain on the outside. Is there anything that can be done about this? I have also noticed that, when the terrain is flat, there's a slight raised edge as well.

Thanks!

Kitty.
Shandon Loring

Re: Region "border"

Post by Shandon Loring »

hi kitty,
quickest way i would think is to upload a terrain raw file with the whole region submerged.
you could also just raise sealevel on a standard empty flat region. if youre going for a water world, it gives you many more options if you set your sea level to say 100m instead of 20m. you can have some great underwater landscape that way too.

if you need a flat terrain file (20m) there is one at the Seanchai Mall, and surely one online somewhere.
i will also put a fully submerged terrain file at the mall tomorrow. (its really just an appropriately sized raw file that is solid black)

hope that helps maybe.
Kitty Steamweaver

Post by Kitty Steamweaver »

Thanks, Shandon :-) You're a life saver :-)
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

A quick and dirty way is to set your terrain editing tools to high and use the Flatten tool, dragging your mouse from the area that's at the correct height, out to the edge. It only takes a few minutes, even in a 16 world sim. (I recently did it, to make a sea lane around the whole thing and in the middle four 256x256 parcels). If you need to smooth edges between land and sea, the fastest way to do it is to select the whole parcel with your tools on high, and click Smooth once.
The better way is to edit the RAW file in PhotoShop or similar, but that takes longer.
Ada

Kitty Steamweaver wrote:I've been playing with my terrain, and when I lower the terrain, so that it's all underwater, there's a narrow border of terrain on the outside. Is there anything that can be done about this? I have also noticed that, when the terrain is flat, there's a slight raised edge as well.

Thanks!

Kitty.
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Oh yeah.. I forgot to report back...
There is a .raw terrain file for free download now at The Seanchai Mall that will submerge an entire Region in a single quick upload.

Need any help getting there or using it let me know!
:-)
grid.kitely.com:8002:SEANCHAI MALL

(You do need to be in the Seanchai Library Group to visit, but that's free and you can Join the group at the Seanchai Library homeworld at: grid.kitely.com:8002:Seanchai)
https://www.kitely.com/search?q=seanchai

I hope it's useful to someones!