llGiveInventoryList crashes and burns

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Kayaker Magic

llGiveInventoryList crashes and burns

Post by Kayaker Magic »

When I call llGiveInventoryList to give a list of things to another avtar, (into a folder in their inventory) one of two things happens:
If the avatar is logged in and nearby, it works as expected. A folder is created, stuff is put in it, and the avatar is given a dialog to accept it.
If the avatar is not logged in, the folder is created in their inventory, but no items are put in it, the avatar does not get notification, and the following message appears in the sending avatar's debug box:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Scene.MoveTaskInventoryItems (UUID destID, System.String category, OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.SceneObjectPart host, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 items) <0x40a50270 + 0x002d5> in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.LSL_Api.llGiveInventoryList (System.String destination, System.String category, list inventory) <0x40a4fbf0 + 0x002d9> in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.ScriptBase.ScriptBaseClass.llGiveInventoryList (System.String destination, System.String category, list inventory) <0x40a4fb90 + 0x00042> in <filename unknown>:0
at SecondLife.XEngineScript.deliver (LSLString id) <0x40a4eb60 + 0x0076e> in <filename unknown>:0
at SecondLife.XEngineScript.default_event_http_response (LSLString
Now it occurs to me that the Kitely Market needs to do things like this all the time, and it works. Is there a good reason why I can't give stuff to avatars that are not present?
(I know there is some magic about avatars that have been by recently, are still logged on, but are no longer near the region where the llGiving prim is. I have not tested this yet).
Ilan Tochner

Re: llGiveInventoryList crashes and burns

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kayaker,

Kitely Market doesn't use an LSL command to give people inventory items so it doesn't rely on the partially broken llGiveInventoryList implementation that exists in Opensim 0.8.2.1.
Kayaker Magic

Re: llGiveInventoryList crashes and burns

Post by Kayaker Magic »

I just tested it in OpenSim 0.9.0.0 and it works, I can give inventory to avatars that are not logged on without getting the crash.
So I guess there is no reason to submit a mantis for 0.8.x....

I'm working on a PayPal vending machine and wanted to add a "buy as gift for someone else" button. It works in 0.9.0.0 now but not for 0.8