Unable to communicate after teleport

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Ilan Tochner

Re: Unable to communicate after teleport

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Handy,

Can you please specify a detailed scenario that reproduces this in a consistent manner, preferably with details of what changes in user behavior from said scenario don't reproduce the problem. The more details you can give us the better.
Moonrise Azalee

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

So tonight I was logged into my region.
I left my region and went to Domus. Initiated conversation with Friend A. And while that was transpiring, Friend B initiated contact with me.
I anounced I was going to test the IM after teleport.
I attempted to teleport and for the first time ever, it failed and i lost all my attachments.
Also, neither person I spoke to was able to get a message to me. Theirs went to my Offline and gave them 'user is offline' message. My messages went through to them okay - They were receiving mine. Their replies to me went to my email.
I logged off, and back on. Still messasging them, nothing made it back to me. I could send, it would go to them. But theirs went to my Offline. And oddly, even after friend B logged off and back on, messages still not going through. all to email, AND for her, when she logged back in, all my messages were going to HER email.
This all transpired in Kitely at about 11:30-11:50 PST
update. After I came back in, and posted this I went to a different region. Different from the two I moved between previously. Suddenly I could communicate with everyone.
I teleported again. Back to home and suddenly could not communicate with them again, but could communicate with another person Who's convo stayed with me even when i switched regions and she was on the same region as the other two I was talking with.

Ill have to test this more dillegently.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for the additional info Moonrise. We intend to investigate this issue so anything that can help us learn when it happens and when it doesn't can be very useful.
Handy Low

Post by Handy Low »

I've just done some testing with two alts, both of them sending IMs and teleporting in-between. In this case (to my surprise), I couldn't reproduce the problem. I wonder if it's because they share the same IP.

I should be online a fair amount today - if someone would like to get in touch to test this out, please do.
Handy Low
Moonrise Azalee

Handy and I did some testing this morning. We thought we had success but then couldnt recreate it again.
Possibly random? an avatar getting into a world and the world not registering the avi properly from start up? Anyhow, here is the notes from today -

at 09:28 PST Handy and I did some testing. Both on Firestorm

Myself on Abhainn Amhran - and myself as the initiator of the conversation.
Handy on Handy Mega.
He went to RezMela Origin. No communication was lost.
Then he went to Domus. No communication was lost.
Then he went back to Handy Mega. No communication was lost. Then to Handy's Tools then Handy's lab.
Then, I as the initiator of conversation went to La Tortuga. No communication was lost.
Then to Domus. No communication was lost.
Then back to my origin, Abhainn Amhran. No communication was lost.
Handy came to my region at Abhainn Amhran, I teleported away. no communication lost.
He teleported away no communication lost.
We were not friends at the time. this might be why.

2nd attempt. Became friends, logged off.
Both of us logged back in at our home base.
I initiated converstation. no communication lost
I teleported away, no communication lost
I teleported home again (my world was still online) , no communication lost
I teleported away again, no communication lost.
I teleported home again once I knew it was fully offline - my messages went to him but his went to my email.
Both relogged. Both started in our home spots. Communication still did not re occur. My messages went to him. his messages went to my voicemail.
These users thanked the author Moonrise Azalee for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansHandy Low
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for the additional information. Please let us know if you can find a consistent way to reproduce this issue.
Freda Frostbite

Post by Freda Frostbite »

I don't actually travel enough to know if it happens in other grids. I know it does not happen when using my avs that reside on other grids. OTOH, I have not used any of them in a while, so that may have changed.
Moonrise Azalee

Is there anything that you could monitor, like say if Handy and I tried again at a time you were available? watch region handshakes or whatnot to see if something is going on? Last night was really tough, losing contact with three people, relogging didnt help and we all had to meet up at the same region to be able to communicate again.
this does happen to alot of people, in fact to every person ive talked to - but they simply accept it as just 'one of those things' and of course dont want to make issue of it when there are other things to deal with.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We're taking this issue seriously, we'll be investigating what's causing it and, assuming we can track down the source of the problem to something server-side, we'll develop a fix that will be included in the next site update.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Handy Low
Handy Low

Post by Handy Low »

Just to add to Moonrise's notes: when IMs were misbehaving, I teleported to her region (so we were both in the same region) and IMs started working fine again.
These users thanked the author Handy Low for the post:
Moonrise Azalee
Handy Low