Inbox Full? Can not receive messages

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Moonrise Azalee

Re: Inbox Full? Can not receive messages

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

This is still a problem. I am getting offline messages sent to email again and messages are showing up when I log in. So no more disappearing messages - however it is still capped relatively low. Twice I have wanted to message a merchant and I get a message that says 'users inbox is full, can not send' when using the website. And the same if sending from inworld. I'm not sure what the cap is but it must be relatively low as this happens when a friend has only been offline a few days and i cant message them - their inbox is full again already. Also the bigger problem is merchants. They might get many messages from people but because there is a limit, very possible that customers are going to have a hard time contacting them.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Moonrise,

Kitely's offline IM limits are currently set at 25 messages, the same as in Second Life. We'll double this to 50 offline messages in our next site update, so all Kitely users will have the same offline IM limits as Second Life Premium Accounts.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Dot Matrix
Moonrise Azalee

Great that's wonderful. And really it's always been that amount? I've never encountered being unable to send a message to someone before. It has only been since my first post about it. Then suddenly it was simply that if anyone was offline for a few days, I couldn't send a message. And in the one case where it was a merchant and a borked item I had it was kind of a pain. 50 is much better.

Is it like SL in that all inventory offers (like notecards) count against messages also?

I guess what made it seem odd is that in SL where there is limits also - you aren't told that the message can't be sent. So while the same thing is happening there, it's not noticeable because the sender is not informed that the mailbox is full.

I'm not sure how it is with SL marketplace/Instant Message link, but definitely the problem is worse for busy merchants that get lots of Kitely Market messages.

Final question, are offline messages from groups affecting this limit also? I don't get group messages to email but I do receive quite a few inworld, often duplicates that I could probably organize better if they are causing part of the back log. If I allowed them to go to email does that help clear up the backlog or is it treated the same?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Any kind of message that arrives as an IM is handled the same with regards to it taking up an offline IM "slot", so inventory offers, group notices, messages sent via our website, etc. all count towards your offline IM quota.

The settings on our website which enable you to configure which IMs will be forwarded to your email address don't prevent the IMs from being stored and delivered to you the next time you go inworld, so they don't change which IMs count towards your offline M quota.
Moonrise Azalee

Great, thank you for clarifying. I will turn off some group notifications to ensure that I still get IM's that may be important. I have a few groups that often have the same things go out in all of them, Ive had 8 messages in one day for one event - I know it's simply because people want to make sure notifications are being received, but having one event in say 3 groups and having a reminder of the day of, an hour before and as its starting and suddenly you are using up 9 slots of message storage.
These users thanked the author Moonrise Azalee for the post:
Dot Matrix