Inbox Full? Can not receive messages

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Moonrise Azalee

Inbox Full? Can not receive messages

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

I had noticed lately that I was seeing messages in my email that were not arriving when I logged into Kitely.
Likewise I have tried to send an offline IM and it tells me the inbox is full, message cannot be sent. Likewise I had a Kitely resident have the same issue when sending me an offline message (one that i know of for sure)
Also, I went to message someone via the market and got this:

This is relatively new, as I used to log in and receive offline messages. Ive changed nothing on my end, and it is affecting others as well.. very weird.
Selby Evans

Re: Inbox Full? Can not receive messages

Post by Selby Evans »

That seems to be the problem I am having, too
Moonrise Azalee

Yes it is inworld as well as via marketplace - meaning also that merchants can not be contacted if they have number of messages stored. (which is what happened in that image)
I went inworld and tested this - I was unable to message 3 people who were offline - inbox full error. But contacts on my list that originate from other grids I was able to leave offline messages for.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Moonrise Azalee wrote:Yes it is inworld as well as via marketplace - meaning also that merchants can not be contacted if they have number of messages stored. (which is what happened in that image)
I went inworld and tested this - I was unable to message 3 people who were offline - inbox full error. But contacts on my list that originate from other grids I was able to leave offline messages for.
That narrows it down to KItely. And establishes it as a growing problem. The problem that I have, however, is double-edged--I am getting almost nothing in email or when I log on.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We'll investigate this issue.

Are you able to get IMs and offline IMs when logging in as an alt using the same viewer?
Moonrise Azalee

i cant send an im to my alt - says "User is not logged in. Message not saved: Too many saved messages: 25"
But can send an IM to my other friend who is in K but he belongs to no groups and has no additional friends yet so im guessing messages arent capped for him.
And to clarify - IM's work to a person when they are online. But not when they are offline if they have too many offline IMs stored it would seem. Can't remember any of the log in info for my alt. I'll have to try it and get back to you.

*** I did a sample though. the one who is new and doesnt belong to groups etc (cept mine) and was just on last night. I sent him 26 offline messages in a row (ill have to explain to him why I did that lol) and got this Image
25 TEST messages went through, the 26th wasn't allowed past. Now when he logs in tonight, ill see if that clears and if i can send new, and will also ask him if he received those messages to email and once he logged in.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Moonrise,

The more info we have the faster we'll be able to track down the source of the problem.
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Hi,

I believe this is fixed. To test this, please login to Kitely now. Are you getting your offline IM's?
Moonrise Azalee

Not entirely fixed.
This time when my main avi logged on, I had some group notices. 20 something. But I actually GOT them (i wasnt even getting those when I logged in, only if i was on and they were sent out)
So that seemed to empty my 25 stored messages because then I logged off, got my alt logged on and she was able to IM me 25 times before once again it said 'capped'
These 25 messages went to my emails.

So, now at least they are purging once the person logs in, whereas before the messages werent coming up, so they werent being 'seen' or released.
Still though 25 messages is the cap.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Not clearly fixed -- on login, I got ims from July 16-18, but no later. No group notices. I am still getting no email.