Kitely and Suitcase folders look empty

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Genavieve Page

Kitely and Suitcase folders look empty

Post by Genavieve Page »

Hello seems to be my month for having strange issues. a few days ago I went to get something from my kitely folder and noticed that the folder is there just nothing inside is showing. the normal inventory folders and objects are all there and open fine just the Kitely inventory folders and suitcase folders. no objects are showing inside. I have tried for a few days and still the same. I also checked the custom settings and everything is ticked that needs to be. I haven't made any changes anywhere that I am aware of, so any help would be great, I am also using the latest firestorm but have been for a few weeks and only had this issue the last few days. thanks for any help
Genavieve Page :D
Ilan Tochner

Re: Kitely and Suitcase folders look empty

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Genavieve,

I'm looking at your "# Kitely MArket" folder and at your "My Suitecase" folder, both of which contain a lot of subfolders with items inside them.

I suggest you do the following so you'll be able to see these folders and items as well:

1) Clear your viewer cache and viewer inventory cache then restart your viewer.

2) Log into Kitely from a network that either doesn't have a firewall or has one with the proper ports opened (as per the instructions here).

The last time we encountered someone with this issue she was accessing her Kitely account from an hotel that was blocking the ports needed to access our inventory system. Once she returned home she could see the contents of her inventory again. Are you currently accessing Kitely from a different network than you usually do? If not, have you recently installed a new antivirus on your computer?
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Hello Ilan, I am currently still at home so using the same network and PC with nothing changed from a week ago. I was really unsure what had changed. I will try those things you suggested and see if that helps, thanks for your advice Ilan. oh and my anti virus just ran out a week ago, but all was ok before that. needing to renew that soon
Genavieve
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

It's possible that when your antivirus ran out your computer reverted to using Window's built-in firewall and that may have not been configured properly. In any case, the aforementioned folders and their contents still exist in your inventory as they did the last time you saw them there.
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Genavieve,

I'm looking at your "# Kitely MArket" folder and at your "My Suitecase" folder, both of which contain a lot of subfolders with items inside them.

I suggest you do the following so you'll be able to see these folders and items as well:

1) Clear your viewer cache and viewer inventory cache then restart your viewer.

2) Log into Kitely from a network that either doesn't have a firewall or has one with the proper ports opened (as per the instructions here).

The last time we encountered someone with this issue she was accessing her Kitely account from an hotel that was blocking the ports needed to access our inventory system. Once she returned home she could see the contents of her inventory again. Are you currently accessing Kitely from a different network than you usually do? If not, have you recently installed a new antivirus on your computer?

Hello Ilan, I cleared cache on my main PC and got back all the content of Kitely folders and bought items as well as now can see items in the folders of my suitcase. On my lap top I still cant see objects in folders, just in those two area. so for now I have just moved all Kitely market place folders into the normal objects inventory. In case I need to use my la top when away from home. I will still be able to access those objects. I still dont know what has caused me to not see those objects but the only thing that is different is on my lap top I have the latest version of fire storm but I have not updated my main PC to the latest firestorm viewer yet. Wondering if any one else had had a similar issue? or having any issues on Kitely using the latest firestorm viewer? Would love to know. Or I might just try using singularity . My preference is firestorm. So wondering if anyone has preference for the best viewer for Kitely. love to hear back any opinions. Thanks
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

hmm I thought moving the kitely market folders with the contents to the normal inventory might have worked but I still dont seem to be able to access anything in those folders, on my lap top so wondering if it could be the viewer any help would be great as I have no idea why what has changed to make these folders items appear to not be here
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Genavieve,

As I stated previously if you aren't seeing the folders then something is blocking access from the computer running your viewer to our inventory system. That is most likely a firewall installed on your network or on that computer. If both your laptop and computer are on the same network and the viewer on your computer can access the contents of your inventory then it's most likely that your laptop has some antirvirus or internet security product installed which is blocking the ports we specify need to be open on this page: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/displ ... ual+Worlds
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Genavieve,

As I stated previously if you aren't seeing the folders then something is blocking access from the computer running your viewer to our inventory system. That is most likely a firewall installed on your network or on that computer. If both your laptop and computer are on the same network and the viewer on your computer can access the contents of your inventory then it's most likely that your laptop has some antirvirus or internet security product installed which is blocking the ports we specify need to be open on this page: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/displ ... ual+Worlds
Hello Ilan yes I see the folders. the folders themselves are all showing it is the contents the objects in them that I 'don't see. at the moment I don't have any anti virus on my lap top but I will check this link above. it is just strange as a week ago it was fine. Thank you again for your help.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

What operating system is your computer using? An automatic update may have been applied which changed its firewall settings when connecting to your network via WiFi. If you can, please try clearing your viewer's inventory cache then taking your laptop to another house and make sure to enable access to the network once your computer detects the new network.
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

I am using windows 10 currently. I don't think there was any updates the last week I will be going on a trip in later this week and taking my lap tpo so will see if its any different there. I thought I had cleared inventory cache but will check again. thanks again for your feed back Ilan