When does content filtering happen?

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Kayaker Magic

When does content filtering happen?

Post by Kayaker Magic »

I've been told that hypergrid visitors cannot take things with them they aquire in Kitely unless they are marked COPY and TRANS or were marked EXPORT and purchased in the Kitely Market. But when does this filtering happen?
I thought it happens when they try to leave, like when I try to HG jump while wearing a non-exportable hat. I am prevented from jumping until I replace the hat with an exportable one. a hat I made myself, or one that was given to me with COPY and TRANS permission.
During my scripting/building class on "how to build for vehicles" recently, I tried to give objects to the students that did not have COPY TRANS. My intent was to give them a complete vehicle script to try out in Kitely, but that they could not take home. However,I was unable to GIVE it to them without COPY TRANS.
I get the impression that when I give an object to someone it gets copied into their inventory, and if they are HG visitors that is their home system inventory? So then it is too late to "filter" it out of their inventory when they leave? So Kitely prevents me from giving MOD COPY NOTRANS objects to HG visitors? The one student in my class who was a Kitely avatar was able to receive the item. Can he now put it in his Suitcase folder and jump to another grid with it? Or is that a separate filter that Kitely does check?
Ilan Tochner

Re: When does content filtering happen?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kayaker,

Anything that was successfully added to your My Suitcase folder can be taken with you when you travel to other grids. The filtering is done both when your actions would add items to that folder and when you try to Hypergrid travel while wearing unexportable items. This prevents third-party grid avatars from getting unexportable items from Kitely based avatars and worlds into their own My Suitcase folders. Doing it otherwise would have allowed the sending of unexportable items to outside grids for storage in the visiting avatars' My Suitcase folder, which would nullify the effectiveness of the export controls.