Getting video to work?

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Johnny Magic

Getting video to work?

Post by Johnny Magic »

I'm back! Trying to set up for a real life business I am associated with to attempt to convince them to try it out but I need video working. I've tried the media on a prim for Youtube, etc, but keep getting the message "SSL Handshake Failed". Made my own and even bought a couple of cheapos thinking they might be a little different to no avail. Any suggestions? An actual video player would be great if there is one out there. Thanks. btw I use a Macbook Pro.
These users thanked the author Johnny Magic for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerSelby Evans
Selby Evans

Re: Getting video to work?

Post by Selby Evans »

I play videos posted on the web and have no problem playing them. I will contact you in Kitely and send you a prim with a playable video on it. Note that I am embedding the video on Blogger, which should not have ssl problems. I have never trieds posting directly from YouTube -- I always embed in my blog. The scaling of the texture on the prim can be adjusted to show just the video, with no surrounding text.

I found you in my friends list and sent you a copy of a poster with a video. If you have your video embedded in a web page, you can put that web page on the prim I have sent you, simply by changing the url. If you want further feel free to contact me.
Johnny Magic

Post by Johnny Magic »

Yes, I got your screen, thanks. Everything seems to work fine in Firestorm. For some reason, I can't get them working in Singularity, which I prefer.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

There may be things you have to turn on or check to show video. Look in Preferences, graphics. I don't know the settings in Singularity because I don't use it