sandbox idea ? or not ?

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Chris Namaste

sandbox idea ? or not ?

Post by Chris Namaste »

greetz everyone :)
lately ive experience much (we all crash & forget stuff, we re human, thats oki), much much more 'cluttering' than before, in kitely sandbox, its mostly of same avatars (i started to check), why i ask this : the items (big ones sometimes) are often 'on landingspot',
after more then 10y vw experience (!) i wld ve thought i wld know how the heck (lol) to get out of a house that emprisoned my avi (it felt that way since my avi bounced in it & i cldnt get out :D) so i derendered bit by bit the walls & put a box on roof, sat on box, cld leave. i cldnt rezz a box without derendeing walls. idea (request ?) is if it wld b possible to leave the 'landingpoint' open so we all can land & fly & work easier ? just a good square maybe ? just a thought :) the autoreturn dont work all the time, not daily, just thinking how to fix this easiest way :)
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Dot Matrix
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Dot Matrix

Re: sandbox idea ? or not ?

Post by Dot Matrix »

Hi Chris

One way I get out of situations like being stuck in a building is to use the viewer chat command to go to height 50 or so.

Type /gth 50 in local chat.

I do agree that leaving the landing area free of builds makes a lot of sense.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Chris Namaste
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Or cam out and type tp2cam (format varies a little between viewers).
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Chris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

or else, if we have 'teleport anywhere', instead of all tp to one spot?
so we can LM it & tp to 'somewhere' further, thats no work at all?
thxies for replying dot & graham :) much appreciated :)
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

=) trying again :idea: - its really just one setting 'pwetty please' to adapt :)
----) if we have 'teleport anywhere' in kitely sandbox, instead of all tp to one spot?
so we can LM it & tp to 'somewhere' further, where no items-builds-traps are?
thxiessssss
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

:)
question about 'how kitely merchant sandbox' works plz :
recently ive been quicked out (rl called) when i came back to pc, kitely shutted down (black with screen, u know, that one :)

when ifirst,started in kitely, so said,that 'if u dont move', uget kickd out of regions 'thats how it works here'
i wld love,to know how it really works ? :)
im often uploading my textures, or texturing my meshes, or modelling for flyers etc, that is 'like not moving' also
is there a system : u must move or so?
thxies
chris
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Chris,

You have a 1-hour idle timeout in other people's Kitely worlds and a 2-hour idle timeout in your own Kitely worlds.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

txh alot ilan, it was 15-20 min orso, maybe just a crash, thx so much for the great info! :)