Build Permission for HG Visitors

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Shandon Loring

Build Permission for HG Visitors

Post by Shandon Loring »

Hi all,
I searched around the Forums a bit, but I think I must not be asking the question correctly..

Sitch is this..
We have some folks that are RPing on our SIM, (which we are ecstatically happy about!), and I've set Build Permissions to YES for anyone in the Seanchai Library Group.
Since we're in Griefer-free Kitely I'm not too concerned about that.
However, I can't quite figure out how to invite HG visitors to join the group... admittedly it is very late here and maybe some of my neurons aren't firing correctly...

Is there an easy way to do this?

Alternately I can set Build Yes for Everyone, but then I'd want to Enable Auto Return, and I'd really rather not do that for the purposes of the RP groups use.
And besides, we'd like to promote membership in the Seanchai Library Group, so that Group members have certain perqs, (and so we have more folks receiving our Group messages too of course! ;) )

Anywho... hopefully my question is clearer than river mud and somebody can point me in the right direction.
(and hopefully I'm not too embarrassed if it's an easy and obvious answer!)

Thanks all!!
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Chris Namaste
Ilan Tochner

Re: Build Permission for HG Visitors

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Shandon,

There have been a few cases of griefing in worlds which allowed anyone to build in them, so I would highly recommend you do not enable people you haven't personally approved from having such permissions in your world(S).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

oh really? good to know, well sad to know i guess. knock on wood we havn't encountered any griefers at our events in Kitely. Though is still a frequent occurrence in SL, but Caledonia is a good shot!

so if i do want to invite someone with an HG Avi to join group, is that possible? or do they need a Kitely avatar?

oh, and thank you Ilan for privoding the wonderful and safe environment we have here in Kitely.
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I have invited HG avis to join my sandbox group. It works, though not always the first time and not always when they are not in Kitely. I suggest to them that they come to Kitely when I am there to send them an invitation. That seems to work reliably.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Selby Evans wrote:I have invited HG avis to join my sandbox group. It works, though not always the first time and not always when they are not in Kitely. I suggest to them that they come to Kitely when I am there to send them an invitation. That seems to work reliably.
I've only done this for an alt from another grid when colocated on Kitely -- it worked fine, as Selby says.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Chris Namaste