I broke something

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Salie Davis

I broke something

Post by Salie Davis »

OK this is all my fault. I just started experimenting with scripted objects which means trying to script on my own and coping "copyable" objects from other worlds to learn from. One such object was a tour scripted plane from a larger grid. Before i could examine it, it activated on rezz and became a non modifiable object that has a sit command and is stuck off sim, so I can't delete it and unsuspecting avatars are thrown off the sim and stuck in the netherworld when they try to interact with it. I know someone is shaking their head at me at this moment. I will try to be more careful in the future I just don't know how to clean up the mess i made. On a side note, I have gained so much respect for developers since it took me 6 hours just to hand build and script a simple "corridor of consequence" with locked doors and quiz questions and sound for education. It still isn't done.
These users thanked the author Salie Davis for the post:
Selby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Re: I broke something

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Salie,

I moved your plane into the world area then returned it to you.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Salie Davis
Salie Davis

Post by Salie Davis »

The ghost plane came back so I backed up my Oar and then replaced my world. That seemed to work. If it comes back again I will let you know.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

The next time you see a ghost object, please clear both your viewer cache and viewer inventory cache then restart your viewer. Sometimes the viewer cache doesn't correspond to the actual world state and clearing both these caches can help resolve the problem.