missing mesh object

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Aramet Pantsuai
Been thanked: 0

missing mesh object

Post by Aramet Pantsuai »

Hey, I'm not sure why but my mesh avatar is unable to rez at the moment. The only change I made to it was editing the texture blend mode on a face, then the next time i tried to rez it in world it was unable to load. Is there a way to fix this or should i re-upload?
Ilan Tochner

Re: missing mesh object

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Aramet,

Have you tried clearing your viewer cache and viewer inventory cache?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Aramet Pantsuai
Aramet Pantsuai

Hello! I just tried and the item appears to be lost still. The message I receive is 'unable to rez: could not find object' followed by the object ID and name. I was able to reupload the file so no worries there, but let me know if you need any more info in case it's a bug in need of squashing. :) thank you!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Aramet,

Did you happen to look at your packet loss statistic when you uploaded this mesh?

Was your internet connection reliable when you uploaded it?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Aramet Pantsuai
Aramet Pantsuai

It was at the time, I think I may have found my mistake! I had placed the object in the suitcase/clothing folder. Another missingh object was there as well, I'm guessing I wasn't using the suitcase as intended? The only copy of both missing objects was in the suitcase. Thank you for the prompt reply and help! :D
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Was this done while you were visiting another grid (by hypergrid teleporting to it with your Kitely avatar)?
Aramet Pantsuai

Nope, I was on my sim when the objects were moved into the suitcase. The mesh avatar was uploaded a few months back, but the other object was created about a week ago with prims. Both objects contained scripts (texture animation script on the avatar, particle generator on the prim object) but there was another scripted mesh avatar (same model as the mesh avatar that went missing) that was unaffected. I'm not sure if it's related, but I had switched my outfit using firestorms outfit manager shortly before teleporting to the welcome center, and then the mesh avatar came up missing when I tried to switch my outfit back. The prim item was gone after I cleared my cache and again used the outfit manager. My connection seemed stable at the time as well, Haven't had any trouble with lag or slow loading objects on any of the kitely worlds I've visited. :)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

:-)

Have you made sure to use the textures that were already uploaded in your inventory and not their copies from local storage? (i.e. ones uploaded to our asset server and not the copies you may have previously tested before uploading them)?
Aramet Pantsuai

The avatar mesh was all my own uploaded textures(uploaded separately), but I'm not sure about the prim objects status. I believe it had one of my textures that was previously uploaded, and then the default wood texture on one of the prims. The textures were not copied into the suitcase in this case and weren't stored inside the objects either. :o could it have been related to that?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Possibly, an asset needs to be exportable in order for it to be movable to the My Suitcase folder. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... plemented/ for details of how this works in Kitely. Only worn objects and objects/assets in your My Suitcase folder are accessible while you're visiting another grid. Sometimes the viewer cache may cause you to think you still have access to them but other people won't see them (as they don't have these assets already cached in their viewer).