Deleting Objects You Cannot Select

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Barbara Novelli

Deleting Objects You Cannot Select

Post by Barbara Novelli »

I uploaded a Blender object and can not select the planes it was sitting on to delete them. So now I have some huge white boards in the middle of my sim that I can do nothing about. In the Kitely forums I found an article with a script to drop into the ghost object to enable deleting it when you say Delete + Object Name + now. But I tried that and it accomplished nothing. Could someone please tell me how to get rid of my eyesore?
These users thanked the author Barbara Novelli for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Deleting Objects You Cannot Select

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Barbara,

One way is to rezz a cube next to the object then select the area around the object, including the unwanted objects in the selection but removing any object you wish to keep. Once you only have unwanted objects selected you should be able to delete them.

Another alternative is to use the area search function to find the unwanted objects and delete them. See: https://ohgoddess.wordpress.com/2016/12 ... t-objects/
Barbara Novelli

Problem solved with Arton Tripsa's help. She suggested I find the Area Search tool button and drag it to my bottom bar on my screen. Then I simply had to enter some information about my ghost item, the tool searched for it, and I was allowed to select it and delete it while in the Area Search window.

* Finding the Area Search tool button was done by opening up the Avatar menu on the top bar on my screen, clicking on the Toolbar Buttons option, and then finding and dragging the Area Search button to the bottom of my screen.
These users thanked the author Barbara Novelli for the post (total 2):
Dot MatrixIlan Tochner
Barbara Novelli

Thanks, Ilan, you came up with the same solution. I had already tried your first solution of rezzing a box near the unwanted object and then trying to pick up the unwanted object and the box together, but that didn't work for me.