can't signin w/ email - need to generate new accounts

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Eileen O'Connor

can't signin w/ email - need to generate new accounts

Post by Eileen O'Connor »

I am trying to get new users into my island (Marian & Mariantest) and they couldn't get in. So I created a new email account myself and tried to get in. I keep getting the error message that "This user doesn't exist" - I have tried different ways (using the Create New Account button at the bottom and the top of the screen & the SignUp button) and I keep on getting the same error message.

The user doesn't exist because I am trying to create it through this process.

Plus what password is it prompting for - the password that was used for the email account? or a new password? I tried both and couldn't get in.

Please help - I have folks that want to come in through their email and I can't seem to get them in. Thanks so much. eileen o'connor
These users thanked the author Eileen O'Connor for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerSelby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Re: can't signin w/ email - need to generate new accounts

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Eileen,

There is a difference between how you login to the Kitely website and how you login to the Kitely grid (using a viewer, such as Fiurestorm).

To login to the Kitely website, people use an email and password. To login to the Kitely grid they need to use the avatar name and password (the same one that they used to create their account).

I suggest you give people this link to help them get started: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... ual+Worlds
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans
Eileen O'Connor

Post by Eileen O'Connor »

I understand the different entry points, however, someone coming in the first time needs to get their username and password for the Kitely grid BEFORE they can go to their downloaded Firestorm to sign in (right?). When we go to the kitely website to generate the username that is where we are getting stuck. Where do you go to create the username and password to get onto the islands? I went through the tutorials and can't seem to find it - I might be missing something obvious but everytime I click the Create New Account button from the Kitely website (and I have a new gmail account for the user), I still seem to get stuck. Thanks for any help here. eileen
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

The avatar name and password you provide when you create your Kitely account are the user name and password you use to log into the Kitely grid. You can also see this information (and change the password if you want) in your account Settings page: https://www.kitely.com/settings

When a new user first accesses the Kitely site after verifying their email address they are presented with a welcome dialog that explains how to enter the Kitely grid. You don't need to be logged into our website to download Firestorm, the link included in the page I sent you allows you to do so directly even when you don't have a Kitely account.