Market says my mesh is missing a sculpt map?

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Kayaker Magic

Market says my mesh is missing a sculpt map?

Post by Kayaker Magic »

I am entering a new product for the marketplace, and two of the mesh prims are flagged with an error "Missing sculpt map". These are mesh not sculpt, so how can I get this error? I did import these mesh objects from another grid as objects in the inventory of another object in my suitcase. I am away from the computer where I made the mesh and cannot upload them directly here until next week. I suppose I can try putting them directly into my suitcase instead of inside something inside my suitcase.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Market says my mesh is missing a sculpt map?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kayaker,

The marketplace displays the errors it finds and categorizes them based on the asset types encoded in the items. We don't control the quality of the content you import from third-party grids so I suggest you try importing the items separately and not contained inside other objects. When possible, upload items directly into Kitely as an asset instead of bringing it over from another grid via the Hypergrid.
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

The mesh I was importing was something I made myself with Blender, so I knew the quality was high :)
I'm not at home this week so could not upload them directly to Kitely.
Bringing them over as separate objects in the Suitcase solved the problem: The errors went away.
The problem seemed to be that the Marketplace thought they were sculpts, even though they were mesh that rezzed and looked correctly in use.
These users thanked the author Kayaker Magic for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

The marketplace displays the data that is stored in your inventory. When you encapsulate an object inside another object (i.e. put it in that object's Contents) the data is stored differently than it is when the object isn't contained inside another object. My comment wasn't about the quality of your mesh but rather about what identifiers it was given when it was serialized inside the containing object on the third-party grid.

An interesting experiment would be to place that same mesh inside a box in Kitely and check whether Kitely Market gives you the same error message. If it doesn't then take the box with the mesh inside it to another grid, rezz it, take the rezzed copy and try to upload it to the marketplace. Did the same error occur?