Media and Music Streaming Learning

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Anne Smith 2

Media and Music Streaming Learning

Post by Anne Smith 2 »

Hi Everyone. I am wondering if you could direct me to some learning resources on Media and Music Streaming, such as:
1. General information.
2. How to set up music for the sim? I note there are some internet radios and of course working within copyright.
3. How to boost a YouTube video and audio across the whole sim from one mega screen? I am currently using some of the Kitely market screens which have allowed size increase (excellent visual), but the sound reduces quickly as you move away. Could the object audio feed into an audio channel somewhere?
4. How to have several mega screens around the sim in visual and audio sync? Maybe one audio through the sim audio live stream?
5. Ways to get around the YouTube live streaming issues so it can broadcast in-world.

Any links or input would be greatly received. I am keen to learn. I was trying to help a colleague who was interested in using the VW platform. She has since decided to take another avenue, but now I am keen to learn regardless!

Thanks!
Regards,
Anne
These users thanked the author Anne Smith 2 for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerSelby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Re: Media and Music Streaming Learning

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Anne,

I recommend you start by reading these instructions that were written for Second Life but are similar for OpenSim: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Streami ... econd_Life
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Anne Smith 2
Anne Smith 2

Re: Media and Music Streaming Learning

Post by Anne Smith 2 »

Thanks Ilan. I will explore and post any follow-up questions if needed.
These users thanked the author Anne Smith 2 for the post:
Ilan Tochner