Question about OARs and textures (resolved)

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Simone Gateaux

Question about OARs and textures (resolved)

Post by Simone Gateaux »

My understanding of OARS is that when you export a region as an OAR, that the export includes all textures. But when I export my region as an OAR and load it on my local machine the following happens. My land textures where I have replaced the default textures do not load locally. It also seems that those few prim based objects that are textured do not have their textures locally. But mesh objects with their own textures are fine. Am I misunderstanding what get's exported in an OAR? Or is there something else I need to do to make sure all textures export properly. Not sure if it matters, but locally I use NewWorldStudio to process my OAR on my machine.

Thanks in advance,

Simone

update: If this happens to you...clear your cache and restart.
Last edited by Simone Gateaux on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Constance Peregrine

Re: Question about OARs and textures (resolved)

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Simone Gateaux wrote:My understanding of OARS is that when you export a region as an OAR, that the export includes all textures. But when I export my region as an OAR and load it on my local machine the following happens. My land textures where I have replaced the default textures do not load locally. It also seems that those few prim based objects that are textured do not have their textures locally. But mesh objects with their own textures are fine. Am I misunderstanding what get's exported in an OAR? Or is there something else I need to do to make sure all textures export properly. Not sure if it matters, but locally I use NewWorldStudio to process my OAR on my machine.

Thanks in advance,

Simone

update: If this happens to you...clear your cache and restart.
I came back to this to see if you got an answer, and I guess you found it yourself-))

Clearing cache between simulators is very important. Be well and good luck in Kitely!!
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Dundridge Dreadlow
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Simone Gateaux

Post by Simone Gateaux »

Thanks, You would think I would know to try this right away. ;)
These users thanked the author Simone Gateaux for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineGraham Mills
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Welcome to Kitely, Simone. I recall we met a few times in SL (the Nature sims) and OpenSim (ScienceSim?). Nice to see you here too. :)