Can't get any items to export

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Snoots Dwagon

Can't get any items to export

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

There are some items I am wanting to transfer to OSgrid. These are full-perm items that moved from my inventory to My Suitcase without problem. No matter what I tried to transport, it failed. I tried relogging, deleting and re-transferring the item to My Suitcase, and just in case it was a grid problem tried transferring the items to DigiWorldz instead. Met with complete failure on all counts; not one item rezzed on the other grid.

When I try to rez on another grid, I notice if I place my cursor in my inventory window, I get the "hourglass" symbol... and it never goes away. It has the appearance of being a complete transfer failure from Kitely to other grids... even on full-perm, exportable items.

Any ideas what might be the problem? Thanks.
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Ilan Tochner

Re: Can't get any items to export

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Snoots,

If the item can be placed inside your My Suitcase folder then it's exportable from Kitely.

Can you please explain exactly what you saw when you said "No matter what I tried to transport, it failed". What was the error message you were given?

Have you tried clearing your viewer inventory cache and restarting your viewer?

OSgrid specifically has been having some issues with their assets server lately, I can't tell whether it's load related or due to other causes. The result has been that our system has had to retry multiple times before successfully delivering some marketplace orders to that grid. I suggest that you clear your inventory cache and then repeat your tests.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Snoots Dwagon
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

I got to error message. When I tried to rez the item it failed to rez. There was no indication of anything happening... except that when I moved my cursor to my inventory window I got the "hourglass" symbol. That symbol continued no matter how long I gave it. My thoughts on this: there was zero data transfer between Kitely and the external grid.

I tried relogging three times, tried clearing both regular cache and inventory cache. No effect. As mentioned, I tried taking items to two prominent grids to see if it was a specific grid issue. Failure to export on both grids. Same results: the hourglass figure in the Inventory window. Items didn't rez even after several minutes.
~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please create a simple cube prim, make it full perm and take it into your My Suitcase inventory folder. Next teleport to OSgrid and try to rezz it. Did that work?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Worked OK on OSCC Sandbox region without making it full perm, ie with my default perms.
Ilan Tochner wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:04 am
Please create a simple cube prim, make it full perm and take it into your My Suitcase inventory folder. Next teleport to OSgrid and try to rezz it. Did that work?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Okay, great. Now please rezz one of the items you had problems with in a Kitely world, retake it into your My Suitcase and teleport over to the same sandbox on OSgrid. What happens when you try to rezz it now?
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Sorry, trying to be helpful but just spreading confusion. Not Snoots. :?
Ilan Tochner wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:53 am
Okay, great. Now please rezz one of the items you had problems with in a Kitely world, retake it into your My Suitcase and teleport over to the same sandbox on OSgrid. What happens when you try to rezz it now?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Graham, sorry I didn't pay attention to who wrote your reply.

Could you please check with some non-basic item.
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Oren IMed me he made some changes and asked me to check. WORKED! Fixed in 24 hours. Woot! /me riverdances
:mrgreen:
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 3):
Oren HurvitzIlan TochnerGraham Mills
~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~